The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TinaRSE

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Max Power over estimate everything so we don't claim figures like that! We have only ever done 180mph on the clock but still loads left in it......on our private runway that is ;)

The car revs to 9000 rpm

As for TOTB4 would love to get there and we are trying to as long as the new conversion is ready in time. :D

Welcome aboard. :)

Interested to know what you have done to let it rev to 9K?

I see I'm having my usual effect on the ladies, then... :( Ignored as usual.

Awwww babes Im sorry I missed your post :(

I will answer it now for you:

Greddy timing belt

1mm oversized stainless steel valves

Double valve springs

Titanium retainers and caps

Polished and ported

Greddy timing belt

1mm oversized stainless steel valves

Double valve springs

Titanium retainers and caps

Polished and ported

Ok. Cheers for that. There has been quite a lot of stuff on here about raising the rev limit and how easy / hard it would be, hence the interest.

6500 ish to 9000 is a big hike (38%), so to keep the same valve spring cover you would need to reduce the valvetrain mass by the same amount, use a less aggressive cam profile or go for mega stiff springs, which is what you have done. This will give you higher stab torques, which hopefully the timing belt will take care of. The only other thing is whether the lifters and camshafts will take the increased loading in the long term (I'm assuming you have gone for leary camshafts too?)

But then again I guess you don't spend too much time up at 9000 rpm? :)

Thanks for all the lovely welcomes guys. I've been away for a few days in hospital with my little boy so I'm sorry for not posting any sooner. :)

Left the hubby in charge of the pc....and he hates them lol ;)

Will definately bring her out to play this year to meet you all. :thumbs:

:thanks: for the welcome guys.

You really are a friendly bunch on here ;)

dude honey what do you mean 28/35's are for girls, my evo is has a great big 30/37 babes :D but i guess thats coz i'm not a girl i'm a lady! ;)

I think B has a thing for 2835's after seeing the vid of the Walser car beating the Hyabusa , personally i dont think the guy on the busa knew how to ride it as the 2835's dont produce that much power on pump gas to pull away from a busa like that (ive had one) :)

Dude :thumbs: