68 members have voted

1. 1. Should we encourage more imports?

• Yes, we should bring in as many as possible
    • No, there are plenty of cars here now
    • Not sure, let me think about it
    • I'm not bothered but I'm bothered enough to choose this option
    • We should try and limit the imports to "special" examples now
    • I'm still an idiot

What i dont get is why was there so many auto's built and sold in Japan?

The Supra Auto box is genius.... I drove a brand new A8 a couple of years back and it was truly horrible. I can't believe my 12 year old Toyota has a more responsive auto box than a £60k Audi?!

TT6speeds seem to stay around 10K.

For a low mileage facelift maybe.

Crutches are medical tools used when a patient is injured usually anywhere below the waist. The word crutch can also refer to anything used by a person for psychological or emotional support, or to something used as an excuse not to engage in normal life activities.

Wow, you learn something new everyday.

The Supra Auto box is genius.... I drove a brand new A8 a couple of years back and it was truly horrible. I can't believe my 12 year old Toyota has a more responsive auto box than a £60k Audi?!

I agree im not slagging it but there is a buying stigmatism towards the auto which pushes the auto prices down.

It is a very good box, its as good as the auto in a modern day BMW if you ask me, im talking about the 3 series coupe, its exact same responsiveness kickdown and smooth power delivery.

yeh it did please explain seroiusly

I'll give it a go...

Seroiusly : A typo, see seriously.

Seriously : earnestly, in earnest (in a serious manner) "talking earnestly with his son"; "she started studying snakes in earnest"; "a play dealing seriously with the question of divorce"

Not if we tar them with the KTC brush first ;)

I went there the other week, there was weeds growing out of the rear tailgate of the supra they had. Thats when i suddenly realised how bad some of these cheap supra's are.

Its these junk examples that drive our prices down as potential new owners want our cars for KTC prices.

So back to the topic, we should not let any junk grade or crash damage stuff in the country.

Thats the real problem i think.

What is going on in Scandanavia anyway? How come they are importing like mad?

Because they weren't allowed too until recently. Plus even though car import tax is > 160% you can't buy anything really fast for cheap.

A lot of the Danish and Swedish guys are also completely nuts too :D

Gaz.

I can't see how this argument is any different to 10 years ago? Too many, reduce prices, buyers have more choice, etc. etc.

I would think we're approaching a point where the value of them overseas isn't going to be worth buying and shipping unless they're rare or very good examples.

As a car importer I'd think twice about importing an 'ordinary' Supra now as there's no money in them.

The price reduction has as much to do with the economy and price of running them as much as the sheer number of them.

Crutches are medical tools used when a patient is injured usually anywhere below the waist. The word crutch can also refer to anything used by a person for psychological or emotional support, or to something used as an excuse not to engage in normal life activities.

Oh dear. Anyone want to explain the joke to this poor soul?

That's ok if you want to chuck money away for no good reason, but I'd quite like to sell mine and get an e36 M3 without putting any money into the BMW.

I know Jake said the other week you shouldn't worry about residules but I would rather keep my money in my pocket than just lose it with nothing to show for it- if you see what I mean.

Don't buy fancy road cars if you don't like losing money :) I get by with an old Volvo ;)

good point chris,doesn't matter nowadays what performance motor you buy your going to take a big hit come selling time.:(I have a ten year old sup and if in another coupe of years i want the newest sup i can get there is no choice but to import,maybe one of the last ones made if that were possible:D