HELP i think i got a lemon.

The Raven

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Code 41 is a problem with the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). I would say that would cause most of the issues you've reported. Just thought I'd mention that seeing as nobody has mentioned it so far.

Ah so it could be the TPS, I was wondering what it might be, suprised no one got in sooner.

im sure il sort it buddy ;) as usual lol

This sounds like you have water in your fuel from condensation in the tank ... was the car standing for a while before you bought it ??? Try just leaving it ticking over for about an hour to vapourize the water slowly....

very bemused by that :twak:

So I'm assuming that in amongst all this tomfoolery the error codes were cleared to make sure it wasn't a code stored from 2005 and therefore a complete red herring...? :tongue:

-Ian

Thats why i asked if it should be showing the warning as the issue was happening.

Dan mate you fix it i will will buy the beers all night...well least till im drunk ie after 3.

So I'm assuming that in amongst all this tomfoolery the error codes were cleared to make sure it wasn't a code stored from 2005 and therefore a complete red herring...? :tongue:

-Ian

Ian can you have a look at my 12v fuel pump thread please in technical, would love your advice on it ;)