The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Something 'different'! (interior/ICE fans step right up!)

Jay

That's amazing. I'd like to hear more about how the custom dial-surround is made.

I was looking at my stock pre-facelift dials the other day and had an idea I wanted to modify it very slightly. I want to create a flat-bottom on the dials so that they are shaped like an up-turned 'D', and use those clear led-rod things to move the light from the gearbox LEDs to somewhere lower, so that they are separate from the RPM dial.

I'd like to have it in brushed aluminium. The idea basically is to have it looking a little bit like the dash of a TVR Tuscan.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but do you think any of this is possible and perhaps inexpensive?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blimey Jay! You really have gone all out :eek:
Hehe, I'm not one to do things by halves :p

Just needs a retrim so your seats can come to me :innocent: ;)
Tell me about it, I am trying! The guy I normally use is really busy, I might have to talk to some other people. The seats are still yours when their available mate!

They are copying already Jay: ;)
Nothing stays original for very long does it ;) Nice OEM installation, just doesnt have the impact i'd like!

so, can you play iTunes through the mac and stream the radio chanels over the net Jay?
Do you mean can I listen to radio streams through iTunes? I can only access the net when i'm in a WiFi hotspot or at home, so permanently I can't access the net's resources (yet). I've been looking at mobile broadband (3G peasy etc) and it's looking like anywhere between £50-£100 /month tariffs, with some pretty steep data limitations, so i'm not sure it's worthwhile just yet.

Do you mean can I listen to radio streams through iTunes? I can only access the net when i'm in a WiFi hotspot or at home, so permanently I can't access the net's resources (yet). I've been looking at mobile broadband (3G peasy etc) and it's looking like anywhere between £50-£100 /month tariffs, with some pretty steep data limitations, so i'm not sure it's worthwhile just yet.

You can also stream radio over the net eg. I can listen to BBC Radio 1 in HK from their website using Real player.

• 2 months later...
What's the point in worrying. If it happens, it happens.

My PC in under the passenger seat, so they'd need to take that out first. Screen folds away under a cover, so nothing's on show.

Now I know where everything is all I need is your address Chase please :thumbs: ;)