The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Christmas is here!

SteveR

Do you want a Christmas Meal meet?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Christmas Meal meet?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beeeeeeeump

Any ideas then folks or shall I just book a random pub? ;)

Is there any interest from our more easterly midlands counterparts? I'd like to book somewhere within an hour of everyone if possible, if people wil make the effort to come I mean. I guess that means nearish to a motorway and somewhere near the M42/M40 junction? So, KFC at a services it is, lol! (just kidding :p)

We'd probably be up for this depending on date ;)

Steve,

you found anywhere that does steak on a hot stone?

... hmmmmm steak, hot stone........:search:

No :(

I have found the DIY kits, but they're £800~£2,000(!) for the proper job - volcanic rock and a mini kiln! You can get stones that heat up from Amazon for £60, but that's not the same. boo

Let's do xmas in the north east?

:conf::think: erm......me thinks you've wandered about 200 miles off your usual patch?? :p:D All welcome though, join the nutty bunch down here with pleasure :thumbs: Unless you want to pay for my fuel to pop up narf?? 90 quid should just about cover it :p

L

• 2 weeks later...
:conf::think: erm......me thinks you've wandered about 200 miles off your usual patch?? :p:D All welcome though, join the nutty bunch down here with pleasure :thumbs: Unless you want to pay for my fuel to pop up narf?? 90 quid should just about cover it :p

L

and as for this? come visit, all you midlands lot keep promising me you will visit! Night out in the toon and a good meal, I have a few suggestions !!

Should be able to arrange a Chinese Buffet meal at a good rate :o)

• 4 weeks later...

He did... But I *chose* to not read the dates on the last posts and *pretend* to make a bit of a fool of myself! HAHAHA =P

AlexM - You can still enjoy the status of club representative until December... ;) Mine will only be a bunch of photos till then. hehe

Plenty places we can all eat in brum Linda, the Slug & Lettuce is nice :)

What's happening with the Xmas meal Ste? Just wondering on a date as I'm having to start committing to dates in December now for other Xmas meals. Fri 19th Dec I can't do so also rules out the Saturday as I will be too rough :innocent: Don't know what date Jule's works one is yet though.

Are you still looking for accommodation around that animal farm one?

Just had a quick look myself and the cheapest I've found so far is the Corus Hotel Solihull http://www.corushotels.com/Corus-hotel-Solihull

With advance booking discount rate it's £51 for the Saturday night on the 6th of December https://reservations.synxis.com/XBE/rez.aspx?Chain=8354&start=1&arrive=12%2F06%2F2008&depart=12%2F07%2F2008&Hotel=20976&date-1-dd=06&date-1-mm=12&date-1=2008&date-2-dd=07&date-2-mm=12&date-2=2008&rooms=1&adult=2&submit=proceed

You may be able to wangle a group discount though Ste :search:

Hope that helps :)