The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats the mpg like on a supra?

mathew

I get alot of "Thats nice init" or "Nice car mate" Mainly 13 year old boys. I had some bloke in cornwall ask me it as if it was a question "Nice car, Init?" Dumbasses

Haha, i had that, when i was at halfords fitting my Jubilie clip, i had a crowd of chavs saying exactly what they said to you Blackie...:rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one that gets me is 'How much did you pay for it?' Nosey bandits. Then when you go to explain it's 15 years old they look at you as if you're simple!

I've been asked to explain my 'private' plate a few times, I get some surprised looks when I say it's the original plate...

Yes, she's 15 years old...

i was in tescos cark park and there were three lads chatting to me about the car asking all of the above but the best bit was i was next to a brand new boxster[which they all had there back to] and he returned to his car whilst this was going on, i gave him a smug smile as he left probably muttering japanese rubbish lol :D

i past you earlier dave you were busy there cleaning your car. i was gona honk but i was in the fiesta so would have been a bit inconspicuous

Should have asked him if he wanted to do yours next :p

Theres a guy always seems to walk past my house when I'm out washing mine and he always says without fail "If you keep washing it the paint might fall off!" He seems to think its funny...

......OMG i own a supra, i dont care!! if i was bothered with mpg i would of bought a friggin yaris!!:p

:yeahthat: I either say something similar to what Ivan said below, or I just say I've never bothered to calculate it (which has resulted in being asked "doesn't the car tell you the mpg you're getting??")

I usually answer "If you have to ask you can't afford it" but that tends to get me in trouble on here. ;)

I've been asked to explain my 'private' plate a few times, I get some surprised looks when I say it's the original plate...

Yes, she's 15 years old...

Lol, I have had that. My plate is KTH at the end, I got asked if my name was Keith because they thought it was a private plate :D

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of people have said to me "You got rid of your BMW for that?" and I replied "No, I've still got the BMW", so they carry on with "Aww, you mean the MR2 has gone" and I'm like "No!!! I said I bought a car not swapped one, f**king pay attention".

I tend not to get to into car conversations really.

• 4 years later...

Damn this is an old thread but I get this a fair bit too. Usually from my mates who drive 1 or 3 series diesel BMWs.

When I bought it I got a load of comments about how old it was, how it would be full of rust, everything would fall apart or need replacing, money pit etc.

Cue girlfriend's mum buying a 13 plate Mitsubishi and it going back to the garage once a week for one thing or another :)

Give me a 20 year old Supra over a brand new cheaply made POS any day.

best one i had was a bunch of youths hanging out of what appeared to be a brand new BMW X5, so either stolen or its there dads.

(Being it was dudley about 1am coming back from the cinema and they way they were dressed i'm going with stolen)

"alright bruv, that one mint looking porsche" with some deformed looking getto hand gesture

Tim