The mkiv Supra Owners Club

place your bets plz

gaz1

Interesting:

172.2mph and 26.94 for a standard 996 GT2. That really does make every one of it's 450bhp count doesn't it.

I have seen few porches running. Most of them are tuned, they just kept on going and going. Its pure joy to watch them doing 1 mile run.

It's a different story when you modify a super car. Unbelievable power.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting:

172.2mph and 26.94 for a standard 996 GT2. That really does make every one of it's 450bhp count doesn't it.

Thought they had more than 450.. more like 465, anyway, you're right, as well as putting the power down its designed to run with effectively - thats what happens when a car is developed to run at those levels by a decent manufacurer :)

Its funny tho, whenever I watch a Porsche turbo on video, you can rarely hear any turbo lag, they're right in boost after every shift, very well setup cars.

Got a video of the Speedo where I went over the clock, was being bit naughty and didn’t brake where I should be breaking so went on to see what the car is capable of on top end. Got a say it was well stable. Check the video out. Speedo reads about 10miles over when compared with GPS.

My top end run : :eyebrows:

Oh my! Is that for real?! That’s insanely quick :blink:

Ryan, I want to see a datalog to verify as I can't believe how fast that thing moves. My mph reading was only very slightly less in each gear (it was very near to gps speed), but the acceleration wasn't anything like that fast in 5th.

joking about the verification... well a little :D

Oh my! Is that for real?! That’s insanely quick :blink:

Ryan, I want to see a datalog to verify as I can't believe how fast that thing moves. My mph reading was only very slightly less in each gear (it was very near to gps speed), but the acceleration wasn't anything like that fast in 5th.

joking about the verification... well a little :D

:D

Have to say massive thanks to Ryan. He mapped it to 1.4 bar boost on the road. Feels like a completely different car now.

Got another video for you Darryl. Didn't miss any gears in this run :)

I still cant get over how fast that thing pulls after 100mph lol, how come it stalled for a bit when you went in to 4th?

Sounded like a longer gear change and therefore a loss of boost and a bit of lag before it came on song again, but boy does it come on strong when on boost, very quick indeed :)

Missed gear :p

And you beat the massive turbo'd supra! :cool:

Well done mate :). Liked the way you launch your car and your less laggy smaller turbo helped alot. I need some lesson on launching.

You need to rev the car upto 8.5k to get the full potential of T51rs where I reved mine only upto 7k.

Massive turob'd supra's best time was 27. 56 and top speed of 171.50 ;) . I am not sure if I got beaten, but I am morethen happey to loose against 2 of the other supras. Really nice cars :thumbs: