The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A 4.7L 2UZ NA Engine Swap into a MKIV NA.

cowboy bebop

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I've lived in Leeds, and had to drive everyday through the countryside to Menwith Hill,

I live near Menwith Hill (Pateley Bridge):D

Should be a good thread this, I'm sure it will sound gorgeous. What sort of budget is needed for a build like this?

I live near Menwith Hill (Pateley Bridge):D

Should be a good thread this, I'm sure it will sound gorgeous. What sort of budget is needed for a build like this?

Think i read around 9-10k somewhere, less than a well sorted single anyway :D

Completion of whole project is aimed for supra pod '08. There's lots to do apart from the engine conversion. I'm gonna do a project thread once other things start rolling.

As for the use of the car, well its gonna be a daily runabout, believe it or not. Running costs will be high but hey, thats what being a petrol head is all about. Just doing my bit for global warming :D

Completion of whole project is aimed for supra pod '08. There's lots to do apart from the engine conversion. I'm gonna do a project thread once other things start rolling.

As for the use of the car, well its gonna be a daily runabout, believe it or not. Running costs will be high but hey, thats what being a petrol head is all about. Just doing my bit for global warming :D

I like your style :D

Personally I feel the UK could be a bit warmer anyway :D

I believe we can do better than that on the engine, it really depends on how far the motor is built. With the engine also comes the intake manifold, adapter plate, clutch kit, and steel motor mounts. That makes the whole she'-bang ready to drop in right off the pallet.

On a side note, I've got the Q16 race gas in my car and it's ready to start. The fuel smells the business. :)

Thanks !!

Eric

I believe we can do better than that on the engine, it really depends on how far the motor is built. With the engine also comes the intake manifold, adapter plate, clutch kit, and steel motor mounts. That makes the whole she'-bang ready to drop in right off the pallet.

On a side note, I've got the Q16 race gas in my car and it's ready to start. The fuel smells the business. :)

Thanks !!

Eric

Can you say that you can do it cheaper after you've come down from your petrol high? :)

I think Kyle mentioned £9-10k for the engine alone. I'd imagine the rest of the conversion will cost quite a bit more.

Thanks !!

Eric

Oh right, i was thinking all that would be needed would be an engine swop, thought all the bits were added to bolt in. What else would be required? I was thinking 500-1000 for engine swop depending how expensive the garage so was thinking 10-11k fitted. Much cheaper than going single, especially if not doing it yourself.

Oh right, i was thinking all that would be needed would be an engine swop, thought all the bits were added to bolt in. What else would be required? I was thinking 500-1000 for engine swop depending how expensive the garage so was thinking 10-11k fitted. Much cheaper than going single, especially if not doing it yourself.

The only things that would be needed to make the motor sing once it arrives in the UK is a set of SC400 motor mounts (which I can supply if need be), and the ecu/harness. I highly recommend the Link G3 Plus ecu, and with harness you'd be looking at 1500gbp. Also a Q45 TB would be in order. Over here's they're about 75gbp on average. As for the motor and turbo kit, it's ready to come off the pallet and drop into the car.

Thanks!

Eric