The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A 4.7L 2UZ NA Engine Swap into a MKIV NA.

cowboy bebop

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to share these as well, I got these today. They're 4 bolt splayed main caps provided by a premier race team that produced the original 1800HP Blast Racing V8TT. These are the very same style main caps used to build that incredible block. For reference, that V8TT was the first import motor to break the 200mph barrier.

These 4 bolt splayed mains can make one strong bottom end. :)

Eric

Wow, now that's not bad at all! Ed, I'm sending you an e-mail now. :)

Eric

Got that email, thanks. Won't be too long now...

As for the insurance, I should add that it was a phone call and not something in writing. We'll see if this changes at all once I declare all the mods. I'm 34 with no claims and a clean licence (maybe not for too much longer ;)). Outside of London too which always helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Id be very tempted too, but how the hell would sort the insurance on this!? i pay £580 pr year for my TT which isnt too bad. I recently tried getting a quote for 4l lexus V8 transplant in my car, if if i could prove it was pushing less power than my TT they still wanted 3k minimum, i tried 14 different companies! gutted

ask your insurance company for a part time traders policy.get that and it doesnt make a difference if you have a modified car.;);)

ask your insurance company for a part time traders policy.get that and it doesnt make a difference if you have a modified car.;);)

Eh? But wont that make it quite a lot, and wouldnt you need proof you were buying and selling enough vehicles to show you're not just pulling a fast one?

• 1 month later...
Guest vvtiguy

Interesting project. I've also transplanted a 1UZ into a supra but im very much looking forward to seeing your finished 2UZ install :) What kind of BHP are you looking at? I remember the chaps at THOR telling me their 1UZ/2UZ hybrid engine that they had on display at JAE 07 was capable of 500bhp nasp....

Interesting project. I've also transplanted a 1UZ into a supra but im very much looking forward to seeing your finished 2UZ install :) What kind of BHP are you looking at? I remember the chaps at THOR telling me their 1UZ/2UZ hybrid engine that they had on display at JAE 07 was capable of 500bhp nasp....

Well I think the builder said it will be around the 400bhp mark. Thats ample for me really. I wanted something torquey and good from the off.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...