The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A 4.7L 2UZ NA Engine Swap into a MKIV NA.

cowboy bebop

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks much, gents. I really enjoyed living in Leeds. You could walk around the city in 20 minutes, and there was so much partying to be done. I don't know how I made it to or through work some days.

Consider for a second your MKIV Supra is getting a 2uz swap, and you wish to remain a stout, responsive NA. Here's an idea of what it looks like in the engine bay. This is from a fellow named Andrew in Texas, and this photo of him dropping in the 2uz as a joke is what sparked us to undertake the swaps all that time ago. Look how well is fits in there, and how the center of gravity is shifter more towards the center.

Maybe one more.

It's not magic, it's just what we do. :) And this could be you.

Thanks again gents,

Eric

The increases displacement and response is quite appealing. I used to drive a GT47 88mm equipped 3.0L 2jz, and it used to discourage me that at 3K rpm the car was doing nothing where if I had the 4.7L it would be right in the powerband. That big turbo was sooo boring until ~6000rpm, and it was a big reason why I very much feel that more displacement is a way to go. Old ladies with minivans were rolling past me until the boost came on. :)

Eric

Will you take a kidney and my firstborn as a swap for one of these?

It looks incredible and might very well be the next big thing in Supra tuning.

Good work.

Hahahaha.. my girl only has one kidney so she might need it. Seriously though, hit me up in PM if interested. We can work something out I'm sure, we're very easy to work with.

Thanks again,

Eric

Yeah it will be the 6 speed 'box going in. Bit of a nightmare sourcing this at the mo however. Kind of two conversions in one, auto to manual and 6 cylinder n/a to stonking V8.

I'll get some pics of the car up soon, still a bit rubbish with the whole pixel size issue when using my dslr (I've only been here 3 years!).

Don't put anymore ideas in my head.

Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger Supercharger :)

Has it worked yet lol

A few new pics of the heads and motor as of today.

Here you guys can see the heads in full detail, and the outstanding port design. The airflow is very direct both in entry and exit. The bowls are quite nice as well.

Intake

Exhaust, 1.5" ports

Bowl area, and 4 valve seats

Engine block going into honing. Next step. shot peening the block.