The mkiv Supra Owners Club

There will be an AFR Open day this year ! Sunday 14th September

Muffleman

A great day. Well organized. :)

3 of the 15 in country Marcos Mantis's were there. Great cars. The owners were pleasant and chatty too.

Crazy mini running a Vtec Honda engine made 194 bhp :blink:

Even had a Nova on the rollers, think that was close too 200 as well. :D

Back too us. :D Juanchan and I decided to do run, for charity of course. :innocent:

:twak: Shouldn't have. D'oh.

Richies came out top. :boxing:

UK TT Auto, stock everything, ran 340 at the crank. 245 wheels.

Mine.

Jspec TT Auto, stock

300 crank, 237 wheels. Not too bad. :) The power curve was clean, showing no hiccup at the sequential changeover. So I'm happy.

Or was until Cheekymonkey ran.:D

Jspec manual TT BPU, still on 440 injectors, res ring and decats with FCD

An impressive 398 crank. :thumbs:

Some pics. Not as nice as Conncl's though. :)

Sorry about the run up Matt. :innocent:

Obligatory pic of Wayne's. :)

398 Cheeky monkey's :D

No excuses here... but it was hot in there... :rolleyes: I'll be back in the winter for another go.

Excellent day, great food, really happy... :taped: :D

Seriously though AFR \ Austec put on a really great day (thanks loads) and it was really good to meet some new people and see a few older faces... even if they were a little pink... no names... Jeff

The crackling was top notch as well.

Does anyone know what the top TVR of the day was?

Edited by monkey3 (see edit history)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No excuses here... but it was hot in there... :rolleyes: I'll be back in the winter for another go.

Excellent day, great food, really happy... :taped: :D

Seriously though AFR \ Austec put on a really great day (thanks loads) and it was really good to meet some new people and see a few older faces... even if they were a little pink... no names... Jeff

The crackling was top notch as well.

Does anyone know what the top TVR of the day was?

Oops. sorry mate. Blame Ivan for the incorrect name bud. :D

Lovely meeting you and your girlfriend. Also myself and Juanchan are seriously trying to stop spending a couple grand after watching yours on the run. :D

Lovely meeting you and your girlfriend. Also myself and Juanchan are seriously trying to stop spending a couple grand after watching yours on the run. :D

Not a problem, it's not the first time I've been called that ;)

It was certainly nice watching that line keep going up. :cool:

I think (with the exception of the FMIC) you do it all for under a grand (plus fitting of course) and that's including the AFR for safety.

• FCD
  • AFR
  • Decat + restrictor ring
  • Boost controller
  • performance air filter (maybe)

Not a problem, it's not the first time I've been called that ;)

It was certainly nice watching that line keep going up. :cool:

I think (with the exception of the FMIC) you do it all for under a grand (plus fitting of course) and that's including the AFR for safety.

• FCD
  • AFR
  • Boost controller

Cheers mate. :)

I'm in need of the exhaust too. :D Bumps it up a bit. Still can't make my mind up which one though. :(

It was a real shame that the Jamies and myself couldn't make it due to some personal comitments. I had to go to a charity ball which is very close to my girlfriends heart. All in a good cause but not my kind of thing unfortunately.

Anyway, it looked like a cracking day with some really good cars there, not just supes:)

Nice one for that Matt, really good afternoon! Top notch food and drink, glad you raised a nice amount for the hospice.

Had a brilliant time. Was great to meet all you other members, some nice supes there, plus a load of other top motors as mentioned.

Well done AndyT, JuanChan and Monkey. Some nice power-runs. I would have put mine on but with all the TVR's and TT's on show I would have been a bit [OOPS][/OOPS]

Bit annoyed I didn't get there earlier actually, but I had to finish polishing the car in the morning.

Took a couple of good photo's and a nice vid of Matt laying down some rubber, which I'll post when I get home.

Dean

Thanks for a brilliant day out Matt, top man. :D

Met loads of new faces as well as the usual suspects. Them TVR guys are pretty cool - not at all what I expected. One of them even reacted favourably when I said it was nice to see so many running rather than parked up at the side of the road. ;) His answer was "Yeah, I couldn't start mine yesterday either." :D

Had quite a long chat with the Dude too - what a nice guy. Hopefully we'll get to see him at plenty more meets before too long.

yep had a good couple of hours there and "sorry to push to the front of the hog roast Q" it was an accident :innocent:
Not before I got there first though. ;)

Thanks for a top day Matt :thumbs:

Looked in the mirror when I got home and noticed I'm rather pink from all the sun :oops:

I did notice at the time. :p

D'Oh, I'm crap with names, sorry Monkey3.

Go on Andy, do it. You know you want to top Rich next time. ;)

I'll add some pics in "Media" in a while.

Thanks for a fantastic day out Matt, I had a great time and it's always nice to meet more people from the club. My mate who came with me was highly impressed and is already talking about upgrading from his modded 306 to something more Japanese-based.

Back too us. :D Juanchan and I decided to do run, for charity of course. :innocent:

Shouldn't have. D'oh.

Richies came out top. :boxing:

UK TT Auto, stock everything, ran 340 at the crank. 245 wheels.

Mine.

Jspec TT Auto, stock

300 crank, 237 wheels. Not too bad. :) The power curve was clean, showing no hiccup at the sequential changeover. So I'm happy.

Or was until Cheekymonkey ran.:D

Jspec manual TT BPU, still on 440 injectors, res ring and decats with FCD

An impressive 398 crank. :thumbs:

I was happy with the 254 at the wheels, and 333 at the crank is awesome for stock :D

So I think that proves it. UK specs are better than J-specs after all ;)

Also myself and Juanchan are seriously trying to stop spending a couple grand after watching yours on the run. :D

I have to agree with that Andy. I think suspension/valve stem seals should take priority though :)

• FCD
  • AFR
  • Boost controller

Nooooo...don't say that! It'll cost 4 grand at least ;)

Yep.

But a, it's too darn quiet and b, it's a bit knacked. Any excuse lol. :D

I can agree with both A and B, but I quite like the idea of A for street sleepers :D

I was happy with the 254 at the wheels, and 333 at the crank is awesome for stock :D

254 oops. Seem to have lost 20. :innocent:

:D

That diversion was something else wasn't it? :blink:

254 oops. Seem to have lost 20. :innocent:

That diversion was something else wasn't it? :blink:

No worries dude. I'm still beaming with pride here :D

It was a diversion of epic proportions and mind numbingly dull driving, that's for sure. We should have hit the A29 again.

Bring on next year's AFR meet. You'll have to have a cow-roast I think Matt if it's likely to be even more popular! :)

Mine's a j-spec :innocent:

I have to agree with that Andy. I think suspension/valve stem seals should take priority though :)

Yeah, you're probably right... :taped:

yep, I'll do it for you at mates rates for 3 grand :innocent:

seriously though, it's actually quite a safe, easy step to take. :cool:

Did Rich go the "scenic route" on the way back too then? :eyebrows:

Not guilty I'm afraid, Andy's TomTom is the culprit this time around :p

Whistleblower.:D

On Ken's info that we came out before Arundel. :innocent:

Anyway me and Ken have excuses to be lolling around, watching tv etc. Why aren't you at work, and have you given Charlie a hard time yet. :D

We're talking about doing these twice a year from now on :D Great day but good grief are we knackered today !

I bet you are!

Well done though.

Definitely a good idea doing it for charity and glad to see you made so much money.

And it was nice not having it shoved in your face. There's nothing worse than the whole rattly charity box every 5 seconds, it makes me not want to give any money. :rolleyes:

Definitely do another one... when it's a bit cooler... :D

Not guilty I'm afraid, Andy's TomTom is the culprit this time around :p

Fun that! Think Andy was saying that since it took so long to get down he was going to use the sat-nav to make it quicker getting back! ;)

The answer to getting back quicker is drive faster! lol

Gotta say Matt it was a great day, I really take my hat off to you as a garage/tuner for opening up your doors like that, free food, well it wasnt free to you I know but you still dipped into your pocekts to make sure everyone had a good day, even the drinks were free which I was totally shocked about, the hog roast was one thing. Then you didnt take any money from the dyno so again as far as your books go you lost a lot of money that day.

But it was good to meet you and thanks for the fuel pump, I did put the money into the charity box, like someone else just said it wasnt forced in your face every 5mins, and thats my point I had to literally hunt the poor girl down who had the charity box to give my money lol.

Good to meet some usual faces I already know, and good to meet SupraMatt I think it was trying to remember back now, lol, god Im crap with names. And also Tricky Ricky ;)

JamieP, Im guessing that was you stood with Gary, sorry I didnt actually say Hi, I did actually feel a bit rude about it after, its just we havent ever really been properly introduced and I was a little unsure exactly who you are lol, but now I know for next time.

Matt, what the biggest power output for the day, when I did watch one dyno it was the Civic Type-R and I did feel a bit sorry you dyno'ing that thing, I mean give the man something worth dyno'ing ;)

Edited by Suprash (see edit history)