The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-TT underway

Trig

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work Trig :)

Quick question if you don't mind - was it possible to get the engine out without the use of that additional bar in the last pic?

I think if you was just taking the engine out without the gearbox attached it would be ok without it. but with the gearbox on it we had to use the bar. took us about 2 hours to get it out :eek:

You can definitely take the engine and gearbox out together, and put them back in without needing that bar or touching the front crossmember with the lump. I've done it few times now.

ETA:

I'm talking about a TT lump but I can't see the NA one being any bigger.

Nice one mate...Didn't know you had it in you. :D

considering ive not really done much mechanically to my car ive impressed myself! Its not just me tho, my mate deserves a lot of credit and Dave F has helped out too :)

It's not a bad job is it? a little time consuming but very rewarding.

ive enjoyed it so far a lot! i just cant wait to get it out on the road!! Forgot to add your guide has been very helpful too dude :cool: Will send your clutch tool back Monday. Can you PM me your address :)

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

had a few issues to start off with, misfiring, power steering pump gave up, engine lights coming on etc.....

but all seems fine now. got her home in one piece, only took her up to 5k revs as i have a full decat and no restrictor ring in atm but she is gonna fly!!!!

Gotta say a massive thanks to everyone on here for their advise and input :cool:

Also to Scooter to coming yesterday and changing my cambelt (everything seems fine btw)

Massive thanks to Dave F who gave up an evening out with freinds to come and help tonight :thumbs:

Will get some pics up tomorrow when shes all back together properly :cool:

thats great news, just be sure to keep a close eye on her for a few days/weeks

Also to Scooter to coming yesterday and changing my cambelt (everything seems fine btw)

no problem................just remember are deal about the 4th October ;):D

thats great news, just be sure to keep a close eye on her for a few days/weeks

no problem................just remember are deal about the 4th October ;):D

Will do, im so paranoid about everything!! :D

no worries, ill let you overtake me as many times as you want (on the way up there ):D ;)

what were the problems mate?

well the first one which was a single grey wire which was attached to one of the wires on the NA ecu loom was not put on at first. as soon as we attached it it seemed to cure the misfire and it ran fine, im still not sure what this wire is tho?

second the power steering pump gave up, i took the one off my NA as it looked in better nick but obviously ended up fitting the original one,

then the the engine light was staying on for some reason, but after we filled the p/s fluid up it seemed to be ok :cool:

Ive still got to put a lot of it back together tomorrow but the main thing tonight was getting it running.

Edited by Trig (see edit history)

Looking forward to hearing your first 'OMG' impressions after the first run :D

So am i!! :D Im especially loving the noises its making!

i can tell even just taking it to 5k revs that it is gonna be so much quicker than my NA, but im honestly not gonna turn into an NA hater. i still think they are fantastic engines no matter what anyone says.