The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single project starts!!!!

123tom123tom

I can't understand why someone has not produced a 2 into 1 link pipe from the standard exhaust manifold/turbo mounting flanges to a T4 flange.

Ok i expect there is ultimately a flow/heat/EGT issue for high powered singles but with the manifold being in place for all BPU++ and Hybrid cars i'm sure something like this would be a good starting point for 400-500 singles?

The stock manifold doesn't seem to suffer any failures, and the low amount of material and welds required for such an adaptor/manifold would make it cheap to make even from good quality stainless?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

550cc injectors will they be fine or is the upgrade to 650's better...

what HP will 550's support... before leaning off, with correct mapping etc

Pushing things, at 85% duty 550's will be at about 450bhp, (real bhp not thor bhp;))

650's minimum, what are you planning on using to control them?

As Homer says have a good look inside the manifold, the last one i saw had awfull welding with lots of spatter stuck inside the pipework, also the faces were miles away from being flat.

I personally wouldnt use any of there parts, just my opinion, think i posted pics of the welding, i'll have a look.

Can you get a picture of the inside of the collector please :)

:yeahthat:

Dude, get some pics up ASAP as requested earlier, this is a critical part to check on the XS manifold. The welding isn't what we're asking about, it's the size and position of the WG take off that we need to see. Get it checked now otherwise it could cost you serious money to sort out at a later stage.

Most of the manifolds are okay, but we've seen a few where the hole is far too small.

As Homer says, most of the ancillary parts are useless and downright dangerous.

You're not kidding either. The XS fuel line disintigrated under WOT at 1.4bar resulting in fuel spraying out over the engine at 40psi. It was 6 months old and had only done 400 miles before failing.

2nd failure was a gasket (after I sold it), resulting in flames spitting out into the engine bay buring away part of the flame retardent material on the firewall. If Ryan hadn't picked up on it, the car could have been toast.

3rd failure was the oil drain, the gasket materail was incorrect and went hard resulting in a leak from the oil drain (which runs right next to the no1 runner)

That last one looks okay, but it's not ideal. It's smaller than the one on mine, but no where near as bad as the one Gaz1 had.

Why is it different to the one pictured eariler? (Edit, nevermind, you answered in the mean time)

If you grind it, be VERY careful, the welds are not thick, and there is a a LOT of weight on the end of that tube.

Not sure what you mean by the best way to fit the screamer pipe? There is only one way to mount it

no not mount it, a mean when your mounting the waste gate which side do you want the screamer pipe on the engine block side or the wheel side:)

no not mount it, a mean when your mounting the waste gate which side do you want the screamer pipe on the engine block side or the wheel side:)

Wheel side, when you come to mount it you'll see there's only one way to do it ;) It should point straight down to the road, between the subframe and suspension supports

That is unless you get a kit like mine where the wastegate touches the block... had to cut the manifold tube off and get it repositioned so that the wastegate would fit (yet another QC issue with XS power products)