The mkiv Supra Owners Club

visible big twin turbos

L33

Not sure what you mean? Same twin sequential setup but bigger turbo's? Thats alot of custom work and a nightmare for any ecu and mapper i would think.

No exactly the same setup, nothing different performace wise exact same turbo's etc.

Only difference would be where the turbo's are mounted and how they are connected. The intake manifold would need to be custom as would the downpipe i assume.

Jus wondering if it would be possible to have the look of big twins while just using regular twins and saving a lot of money in the long run (custom pipework around 1-2K?)

keyboard play up batteries replace need :)

Or buy a proper keyboard, for the same price as the batteries, with a wire?! ;):p

On topic, what's the name of that guy in the US with the black Supe with big twins running 1300bhp? His car looks the mutts, above and below the bonnet :cool:

If you are serious about this you need to think long and hard about what you want to use the car for.

The twin setup isn't going to be much use on the road as they'll be much later spool than a single. Peak power potential is much greater, but obviosuly you need the engine built & drivetrain to cope with the sort of power they produce.

If you have aims for anything less than 700bhp then it's not really a se move in terms of drivability or cost. If it's a big power drag or show car then yes, you should consider it.

Cost wise, start at £15k (if you doubt this, ask those that have done it how much they have had to spend. TLicense, Lee P, Christian, etc)

HOW MUCH???????????? i want to try and produce 500bhp s i dont spend to much and can stil use it sensibly yet have enough power to out produce a lot of modern day sporty cars!

Big twins are not for you then! How much do you have to spend?

HOW MUCH???????????? i want to try and produce 500bhp s i dont spend to much and can stil use it sensibly yet have enough power to out produce a lot of modern day sporty cars!

Not quite sure what you were saying there, but I can confirm that if you want to do the job half properly, then that's the kind of money you should expect to spend.

If you want to out produce a lot of modern day sporty cars, then you generally need to spend quite a bit of cash. They're not that epensive just for the hell of it! ;)

ive just ordered full bpu, and already had my intercooler and boost gauge fitted! so im getting there slowly and just wondering which direction to head towards next! not bad considering ive only owned her about 5 months!

As already suggested, the first things I would do, even before going BPU would be to make sure the handling of the car was spot on.

Brakes - If you are running the smaller spec OEM Supra brakes, I would upgrade to the far more powerful larger spec OEM brakes. Good quality set of brakes pads, braided lines, decent fluid and brake master cylinder brace

Suspension - There must be a lot of 10+ year old cars on the road today with worn out suspension components. Not a cheap exercise to completely overhaul, but will make a MASSIVE difference to the handling, traction and ride quality of the car.

At the very least get the geometry and alignment checked and sorted.

Tyres - Good quality set of rubber.

Others - Front and rear tower braces.

Only after I had sorted all the above would I start to think about performance upgrades.

The twin setup isn't going to be much use on the road as they'll be much later spool than a single. Peak power potential is much greater, but obviosuly you need the engine built & drivetrain to cope with the sort of power they produce.

This is only partially true, a 1000bhp single car is going to be more efficient up top over the twins as already stated, but a twins car making the same power will be on boost quicker......agreed the difference is negligible in the grand scheme of things but it will be quicker

Big twins are not for you then! How much do you have to spend?

nothing yet its some thing to work towards , like my fmic and bpu has been! but only wanting to spend 2-3 k not 10s of k! never mind some thing to dream of i guess

just noticed only had car 3 months not 5 :)

i think after i get my bpu fitted i wil work on the brakes first! get a nice set of drilled and grooved big disks etc!

cheers n e way guys

Wouldn't fitting longer intake/exhaust pipework involved in fitting the stock twins higher in the engine bay just increase turbo lag?

Plus the stock twin setup doesn't look anywhere near as nice as aftermarket twins.

Fitting a twin setup just for looks is going to be a big waste of money IMO.

You think so? What difference do you see between a stock turbo and a Garrett? All i see is the name, they can all be polished to look pretty.

As for the lag, the fact that you can shorten the intake pipe and have the intakes seperate on each turbo would mean less lag.... i would think anyway ;)

If you have aims for anything less than 700bhp then it's not really a se move in terms of drivability or cost. If it's a big power drag or show car then yes, you should consider it.

:iagree: