The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project "Quicksilver" Supra

Guest Nicholas

Quick update from me...

After 9 hours on the car today and the help of my brother in law and two friends we finally got one of the turbo's off, we have managed to undo all the top manifold bolts and two underneath.

Tomorrow will be getting the second turbo off along with the manifold.

Bloody hard work, we're all exhausted.

9 hours sounds like bloody hard work, you need a drink :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nicholas
9 hours sounds like bloody hard work, you need a drink :)

Lots of drinks J, lots :D and ice for my knuckles :(

Good work :)

Badum Tsch

lol :)

Guest Nicholas

Another quick update from me...

We finally managed to remove turbo no #2 today, the exhaust manifold and the full stock exhaust system.

It's amazing how hard some of the bolts were to get off, in the end we decided to remove the exhaust as one piece rather than trying to split it up.

A few pics for your below, note the woolworths 12v impact wrench believe it or not but this £20 tool was an absolute god send and the job would have been much harder if we didn't have it! the other spanners in the picture are essentials and the main tools we used.

Off to have a shower now and relax with a few beers ready to watch top gear tonight!

Should anyone be after any stock parts or stock turbos please pm me.

Nick :)

13072008055.jpg

13072008056.jpg

13072008057.jpg

13072008059.jpg

13072008060.jpg

13072008061.jpg

Guest Nicholas
Anymore Nick?

not yet Mark, been working all week. I did pick up the virtual works intake mani last night though so pics tonight.. :)

Is the block staying stock?

At the moment wayne yes, this may all change depending on how the car feels/dyno results. The car is completely stock and never been above the stock 0.8 bar boost and has a FSH so the block should be in good nick. :)

not yet Mark, been working all week. I did pick up the virtual works intake mani last night though so pics tonight.. :)

At the moment wayne yes, this may all change depending on how the car feels/dyno results. The car is completely stock and never been above the stock 0.8 bar boost and has a FSH so the block should be in good nick. :)

you may wanna consider changing the springs for say som brain crower very cheaap to do and will allow you a higher rpm get the most outta it then espically with the cams

Also have you ordered the virtual works intake as it takes a while to get and when you do order make sure you tell Dana that you require the same cable for UK mdel as they supplied me as the cable they supply normally is for US spec and os not long enough

Guest Nicholas
you may wanna consider changing the springs for say som brain crower very cheaap to do and will allow you a higher rpm get the most outta it then espically with the cams

Also have you ordered the virtual works intake as it takes a while to get and when you do order make sure you tell Dana that you require the same cable for UK mdel as they supplied me as the cable they supply normally is for US spec and os not long enough

Picked up the mani last night wayne, I do need the tps sensor and extended throttle cable though so will be ordering these from dusty so I'll make sure he knows, cheers for the heads up on the cable!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Nicholas
All quiet on the western front........

all quiet mate the car has come along massively but I've done a lot of fabrication work I don't intend to reveal so the updates will be limited here on.

Guest Nicholas
Not very sporting is it:D

I know mate bit selfish but I've put a lot of time and effort into this car I'm happy to share how to's just not the custom bits and bobs ive done ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...