The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1996 Toyota Supra RZ-S MT6 twin Turbo Full BPU 1.2 Bar

Guest flipper

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flipper

...cheers man...got 2 weeks off work to get supra ready for sale and my golf gti ready to take over :(....supra will be off the road SORN if not sold by end of month....

Guest flipper

Fitted 6 new coil pack clips as a precautionary measure.....never had a misfire but for £30 and an hour well worth it as feels strong ;)

Spark plug cover back on with new stainless bolts,spring washers and washers(copperslip too!)

Going for an engine valet this afternoon at Bodycraft then will be happy under the hood :D

Still for sale...might re-address price if some of my parts sell?...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=155607

Wife still wants me to keep it...whats she after???? :rolleyes:

Guest flipper

Enginer cleaned now...didnt steam clean in the end to save water ingress and a sh*t load of electircal probs...

Any comments/interest???????:search:

Obviously a bad choice getting a grade 4 car?...I should have got an RA grade ratter?

Guest flipper

Hi, whats the thoughts on the price then.....Jurgen didnt think it was too unrealistic???

What do you think I shoukld be asking??? :rolleyes:

Appreciate the comments as I will be putting it in the Trader and on Pistonheads and dont want to be dreaming but not in a rush as dont need the cash........

Guest flipper

Was well aware of that.....the Force is strong...... "these arent the droids your looking for"

Wool...eyes...pull...can't

:) :) :) :) :)

Was well aware of that.....the Force is strong...... "these arent the droids your looking for"

Wool...eyes...pull...can't

:) :) :) :) :)

You asked for opinions and i gave it.

I must have said something right because you dropped the price and still not sold it:p

On a side note i was never interested in buying this car, i want stock body.

Good luck with the sale:)

This is a nice car, but in todays market your looking at 10k tops, pretty soon you will be lucky to sell a well sorted single for that money with easy 5figures spent:( No one wants to shell out even decent money for these beasts anymore (except Jamie P:innocent:)

Its a shame but thats how it is, hope it sells!

This is a nice car, but in todays market your looking at 10k tops, pretty soon you will be lucky to sell a well sorted single for that money with easy 5figures spent:( No one wants to shell out even decent money for these beasts anymore (except Jamie P:innocent:)

Its a shame but thats how it is, hope it sells!

Your dreaming.

This car is worth at least 11k of anyones money.

Be patient, it will sell I'm sure.

It may go oversea's.

I like it...big thumbs up :thumbs:

Guest flipper

Hi All, just finished work :):(

Cheers for all your comments, nice to see some replies...

Going to advertise it in pistonheads next week and a guy on forum says he can put it on a website?

Personally would rather sell it abroad(Scandinavia...?) as its too nice to leave in this salty, grey wet country...there no rust on it and dont want to see it go like the UK spec cars that heve been here 10 years+

Just for record Jamie I didnt/havent got a problem with your opinions:):):)...my Starwars reference was just aknowledging the other forum member pointing out that you were after a new car...(we spoke last week and you said it was out your budget)...as regards "stock body"...Im just curious???+++would you rather buy a car with stock body irrespective; even though stock body is achievable on any supra...I did have stock body for this car currently selling/sold on forum...no stress and no answer required,just a late night thought:innocent:

Good night All.....best get on the old NASA memory-foam

Im just curious???+++would you rather buy a car with stock body irrespective; even though stock body is achievable on any supra...

If you still have the stock parts id keep them so the new owner has the choice, just noticed the changed the spoiler back, big improvement:thumbs:

Im sure you ill sell it via pistonheads, might also be worth placing a classified advert on ebay, thats how i sold the Monaro.

Guest flipper

That was my intention...change it back to STOCK as I prefer the fitment and ground clearence and aftermarket stuff cracks and deteriorates with time/UV.Dont think stock looks best....prefer D0-Luck and Top Secret ( likes Nics car/Import pimp)

However, some people like different things and I cant cater for all and then take a kick in the b*llocks over price aswell.

With me not being a trader and the market being dubious cant keep doing doing stuff to the car so it hopefully fits someone elses 3rd EYE of what they want in a Supra...and then take say? £!0K...cars are for modifying for individuals :)

As regards price....have sold some of my spares so will be re-adjusting the price again once done some sums...also the car will be SORN as from end of month and left in garage and so TAX cost will be taken into consideration.Private plate to be removed and will be put on an R registration validation character.

I have a few little things left to do on it...some say Im being too fussy,however thats they way I am and its my way of mentally parting from the car and I have OCD :). Dont really want to sell but do to lack of use and genuine health issues ( 3 slipped discs in back, 1 in neck,arthritis in spine and knees,trapped nerves in lower spine/neck so have numb left leg and right arm/hand) chronic pain sufferer....:) could be worse :hang:

Am putting new fronts tyres on the car next week as have them in the garage ready...will put 12 months MOT on it as stated.Rears are due up but legal but will take a knock on them as not going to change for someone to say I dont like that Brand and still try and kick me in the b*ll*cks..

Anyway...lack of sleep/drugs making me waffle on....car is a good car...not perfect but show me one that is.....car runs well; beats my friends M3 CSL,911 GT3 RS,Audi RS4 and still sounds like a sowing machine on idle....Bignum can vouch for the car as hes seen it go....I would put it up against a single supra anytime on roads/track upto say 130 mph...

Might keep it anyway(paid for) and wait for a Back to the Future style Mr Fusion Flux capacitor to be available and run it on banana skins and fizzy pop...wifes suggestion as she loves the car! :love:.to her Im Vin Diesel :rolleyes:, more like slim diesel or even Derv!:sorry:

Have you sold yours yet?

No.

I'm simply saying i dont think you should just lower and lower your price because of a stagnant market.

If your asking this kind of money for a second hand 10 year old car it's obviously a decent example. >10k is a siginificant amount of money. It will take someone who really wants the car, not just a random searching the market.

There's no way these good examples are now worth 20% less than they did 18 months ago. By what your saying, a 14k car 18 months ago is now worth about 11k???! I dont buy that. 18 months ago there would have been a queue of people willing to pay at least 11k for this car.

Be patient. It will sell.:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.