The mkiv Supra Owners Club

this could be my next soop

wilkorangerover

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would there be any problems? The auto and the manual are exactly the same other than the gearbox. The 160 is bulletproof. The car will respond much quicker and the drive will be a bit more involved but it will definitely be more of a pain for you in traffic.

any problems after the conversion?? does it feel quicker?? my na manual used to feel fast of the mark

More control than the Auto but not any quicker, in fact at the Pod last year the Autos seems quicker as the change is faster, you can not have big power and a stock auto box for long though, mine started slipping hence the change to the 6 speed which has no issues with the power

which bov is the loudest??

Do you really want the loudest BOV, dont you get annoyed from time to time if its a daily?

The Blitz and SSQV's are pretty loud, blitz sounding a little gay, the new ssqv sounding a bit harsher, in terms of the loudest I aint got a clue, its never entered my mind

Do you really want the loudest BOV, dont you get annoyed from time to time if its a daily?

The Blitz and SSQV's are pretty loud, blitz sounding a little gay, the new ssqv sounding a bit harsher, in terms of the loudest I aint got a clue, its never entered my mind

good point maybe a ssqv will be ok then depending on price :search:

jezz has been giving me some info on a 6 speed conversion:eyebrows:

If you already have a good car, this is the only way to go (unless you pick up a bargain TT6). Jezz has an excellent reputation here so you are in good hands.