The mkiv Supra Owners Club

stripping it down for single build

123tom123tom

right the turbo kit comes tomorrow, getting rather excited now, I am going to go with the T61 tub in the long run, with 650cc drop in injectors.

i have a oil filter relocator and cooler also coming and a transmission cooler.

my next purchase that i will be saving up for is the uprated gear box.

i have also purchased some heat wrap, is there any particular way i should apply, or is it just wrap it up....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am having a nightmare of a day fitting the oil drain :), got it done now but there are two water pipes that get in the way that go to the auto box... any body else had this problem and if so what did you do to over come it.:taped:

there not water pipes mate they are the oil feed and return to the cooler, use an angled connector to the turbo oil drain and you can bend the auto box oil pipes out of the way (just a bit) make sure they dont rub or touch the turbo drain pipe or it could be bye bye engine and gearbox

• 2 weeks later...

i have been waiting for bits here and there and still waiting for some bit now, ie intercooler/pipe work and 2nd decat..... but o just cant wait i need to start :):):)

do i have to heat wrap the manifold or just the down pipe.

I have heard that if you heat wrap the manifold it could put stress on it( it is XS remember):taped:

ps am going to need a mapper for the greddy emanage blue as well!!!!!!

i have been waiting for bits here and there and still waiting for some bit now, ie intercooler/pipe work and 2nd decat..... but o just cant wait i need to start :):):)

do i have to heat wrap the manifold or just the down pipe.

I have heard that if you heat wrap the manifold it could put stress on it( it is XS remember):taped:

ps am going to need a mapper for the greddy emanage blue as well!!!!!!

dont think ian c does it any more either (the mapping):(

shame heard good things

After trying the EMB I absolutely recommend you rethink it as your choice on a single. At the very least you'll need an EMU, but ideally a full standalone. In the long run the standalone will be far more cost effective on a single, especially if you plan on taking things further, or refining the engine driveability.

The EMB has no injector lag adjustment (amoungst other things) so for most aftermarket injectors it will simply not work.

i am only going to use 650cc injectors and i have been told these will fit the stock rail with no resistor packs/direct replacement, i have been told as well as looking through this forum that the EMB will be sufficiant enough to cope with trimming 650's and running them fine.

But again i am probably wrong?:(

would it keep me going for a while a least well i save up for a stand alone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

front mount goes on this weekend, god its a big bugger.

I have got a though though!!! i might have messed up slightly, i fitted 3 transmission coolers in to the space where the smic was, but now realise that the fmic pipework goes in front of where the air comes through to cool it.

Kind of pointless them being there? any solutions come into mind from anybody, apart from shift them:)