The mkiv Supra Owners Club

stripping it down for single build

123tom123tom

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a buyer for the turbo pipes, should i take all this stuff off this pipe o leave it on, can the vsv etc be sold seperatley, do people buy them....

Sell them seperately mate, people are always needing these, got rid of nearly all my bits in a couple of days!

well here is my update...... what a day, you was not kidding when you said that they are a bugger to take off.

I had one nut that just would not come off on the back of where the turbo attach's to the manifold, it took me 2hrs to get it off, used god knows how many dirrerent leverage angles..

right i have some pics i have took, some have lables on relevant to a question asked below:

1, things highlighted in yellow are what do i do with them items.(block, reconnect etc)

2, things highlighted in red are how do i clean up.

3, have i missed anything that needs to be took off/ opinions on what to do etc.

P1010110.jpg

P1010111.jpg

P1010108.jpg

P1010109.jpg

well here is my update...... what a day, you was not kidding when you said that they are a bugger to take off.

I had one nut that just would not come off on the back of where the turbo attach's to the manifold, it took me 2hrs to get it off, used god knows how many dirrerent leverage angles..

right i have some pics i have took, some have lables on relevant to a question asked below:

1, things highlighted in yellow are what do i do with them items.(block, reconnect etc)

2, things highlighted in red are how do i clean up.

3, have i missed anything that needs to be took off/ opinions on what to do etc.

I know the bolt you mean.... it's a nightmare for pretty much everyone thats removed the stock setup!

Rob has already posted correct answers for a non-water cooled turbo. I don't think you confirmed earlier if the new turbo was water cooled as the routing for the water pipes will be different.

no it is just oil cooled, and thanks for your answers so a supose i just better wait for all the stuff to fill the gaps ;)

Good stuff, it's pretty straight-forward then :)

Just make sure you temporarily block up those holes to stop any cr*p getting in, debris will be knocked off the block all the time you're working on it

How come you are going single anyway? What prompted you?

What turbo and fuel kit will you be fitting?

well what prompted me is i wanted more :) want about 550 in and around that area,

am getting 650 injectors not sure where from yet, and am going to uprate all the fuel lines etc with braded hoses, might go -8an, aeromotive fuel filter... not sure on the rail yet.

turbo is a t70 but may sell that and get a t61

well what prompted me is i wanted more :) want about 550 in and around that area,

am getting 650 injectors not sure where from yet, and am going to uprate all the fuel lines etc with braded hoses, might go -8an, aeromotive fuel filter... not sure on the rail yet.

turbo is a t70 but may sell that and get a t61

From doing this myself and after discussing the single route with many that have done it themselves I can pass on one very good bit of advice...

1) Decide on your budget

2) From that decide on the use you have for the car

3) and from no 2, your target bhp and spool. Best to have a smaller turbo working effciently to deliver 550bhp than a larger one working outside its range (i.e slower to spool, doesn't come on power until higher rpm/load)

4) Decide on the injector size, fuel requirements based on above

5) Decide on mapper

6) then the rest :D

On anything below a T67 and 1.5 bar (probably more) there is no need to uprate fuels lines, rail, filter, etc. Injectors and fuel pump upgrades are all thats needed. FPR can be chnaged but only if you want to vary fuel pressure.

I think you need to get your turbo decision sorted before buying any more parts. It's really the key to getting the car you want - and don't get drawn into the 'peak power' game.

Best of luck mate :)

got a bit more done tonight, can you remember the crudy cam covers on the first page, i have cleaned them up slightly..... they look better now.....

also can anybody tell me what to do with the 2 connectors that originally went to the vsv and the other on also, there on the same line and it goes to the spark plugs.... there in pic 2

P1010113.jpg

P1010115.jpg