The mkiv Supra Owners Club

stripping it down for single build

123tom123tom

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

front mount goes on this weekend, god its a big bugger.

I have got a though though!!! i might have messed up slightly, i fitted 3 transmission coolers in to the space where the smic was, but now realise that the fmic pipework goes in front of where the air comes through to cool it.

Kind of pointless them being there? any solutions come into mind from anybody, apart from shift them:)

which front bumper do you have

hmmm, your kind of limited then, i specifically went for the Bomex front due to large vents for auto coolers, it would not be much of a job to run the hoses over to the passenger side and if you relocate the washwipe container there is loads of room or another option would be to put them in the gap between the radiator and intercooler and monitor how things go

hmmm, your kind of limited then, i specifically went for the Bomex front due to large vents for auto coolers, it would not be much of a job to run the hoses over to the passenger side and if you relocate the washwipe container there is loads of room or another option would be to put them in the gap between the radiator and intercooler and monitor how things go

there will be a 2 inch gap above the pipe that blocks the path of the air flow.

I bought some aluminium the other day, do you think i could may be make ducting for it.

Or do you think there wouldnt be enuff air flow with a 2" x 6" gap.

Am in early stage of thinking maybe modifying the bumper itself some how

there will be a 2 inch gap above the pipe that blocks the path of the air flow.

I bought some aluminium the other day, do you think i could may be make ducting for it.

Or do you think there wouldnt be enuff air flow with a 2" x 6" gap.

Am in early stage of thinking maybe modifying the bumper itself some how

2"x6" would do fine as long as you duct it perfectly so every bit of air goes through the cooler, if you dont propose to put a fan on this cooler i would definately put a cooler in the radiator gap so you get some cooling effect when stationery or in stop start traffic as the temps can rocket in these situations

2"x6" would do fine as long as you duct it perfectly so every bit of air goes through the cooler, if you dont propose to put a fan on this cooler i would definately put a cooler in the radiator gap so you get some cooling effect when stationery or in stop start traffic as the temps can rocket in these situations

yes i think i might do that, putting one of the 3 coolers between the fmic and the rad, is that what you mean:)