The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stripped out NA drift car to BDC pro-spec

JustGav

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good track car when sorted. Are you going to butcher the main dash too ?

I always fancied cutting one of them in half and completely removing the passenger side.

Don't know yet, not sure I'd save THAT much if I actually cut it.. taking everything inside it out anyway...will have a look later today. :p

Just out of interest matey what are you doing for suspension?

I've got those coilovers now on the car, and I'll be looking rebushing everything when I get a chance, not sure it will be done for the October outing as the car had a rebush just before coming over from Japan. The coilovers have got the usual full range of adjustments and since I intend on running on stock offset/size tyres I shouldn't need any adjustments beyond what the coilovers can provide. Going to be welding the cage (be it bought or made) to the turrets both front and rear to help with compliance.

Glad to see someone's finally attempting this. Should be able to get her down to around 1250kg I reckon, if you're brutal.

:looney:

Brutal?? We are looking at everything going, including removing unused sections of loom and the like.

Will weigh the car when finally done :)

Wasn't implying you're not being brutal! Is it an SZ or SZ-R? Did you weigh it before you began / are you weighing the stuff you strip off?

:looney:

hehehe, that is okay :) I didn't even think about weighing it before hand really, should have thinking about it. I've got all the bits I've taken off stored safely away so I might weigh it all up.

Nice project ... was thinking of getting out some useless stuff out of my Supe too.

Good luck :)

It depends really... unless you are really going to strip it, I'm not sure how much value there is in a semil strip, because most of the heavy parts are things people use daily.

Cracking project Gav:) It will be really good to see how it goes when you're done. You'll have to list everything that you did once you finished. It will be a great referance to anyone who wants to do this to their NA:thumbs:

It depends really... unless you are really going to strip it, I'm not sure how much value there is in a semil strip, because most of the heavy parts are things people use daily.

Will you be keeping track of costs for those of us interested? :)

Was there anything wrong with the N/A before you decided to remove all it's innards? :D

• 1 month later...

Been busy again today...

Took the heater core out today, 8 hours, pfft, try 4 hours to get everything out and to put the dash and everything else back in. To be fair I took my time with it and I did it on my own. Could really get it down in time if I focused.

I've pulled the core out of the matrix and will getting a replacement and refurbing the entire core to fit to someone's car if they want.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

Will you be keeping track of costs for those of us interested? :)

Was there anything wrong with the N/A before you decided to remove all it's innards? :D

Cost so far, £100 for the coilovers...

Heater matrix had gone pop and the paint was a dodgy, apart from that spot on, ran an excellent dyno figure as well :)

Tomorrow will be welding up plates over the holes left by the core (aircon and water), remove the remaining parts of the aircon system (pump, rad and pipes) and connect up the restrictor pipe on the two water matrix bypass.

Fitting the rebuilt rear calipers.

It is going for it's MOT hopefully on monday. (So I can legally drive it on the road to test it)