The mkiv Supra Owners Club

:: Japan North 2008 @ Haigh Hall in Wigan ::

Guest JamieR

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don"t Know what every one else is doing on Sunday Morning but i have arranged to meet AD (Hoff) at bp at Standish if any one else wants to meet and go in mini convoy :)

We are meeting at 8.30am

Cheers

Ste

I think myself, Rob, and *Lynz* were going to meet there too.

Mike

Yep I'll be there :)

I'll meet you at Standish as well. It's late and my head's gone blank - where is the BP garage? I'll know it as soon as you say, I'm just being dim.

The BP garage Ste?.. I'll be there! ;) :D

The BP garage is just off the motorway at Junction 27.

If your coming from the south, it's left off the motorway slip road and then get in the right hand lane, you can see it on your right.

If your coming from the north, it's 3rd right off the roundabout, right hand lane, you can see it on your right.

Hope this helps.;)

I may definitely have a slight logistical issue, so may now not be able to make it - I'll keep you informed.

Gutted, to say the least :(

Edit:

Well in true moderator fashion, if I do make it on Sunday I won't be in the Supra, so I'll either have to come in the Fiesta, or sponge a lift off someone.

Mike

Edited by Pixelfill (see edit history)

Thats a shame Mike:( I washed the supe last night and spent my lunch giving her a polish. Not sure why given the forcast here tomorrow. Whats sundays like? Anyone seen it? Im sure I'll be going over it again withe detailer once we park up.

Thats a shame Mike:( I washed the supe last night and spent my lunch giving her a polish. Not sure why given the forcast here tomorrow. Whats sundays like? Anyone seen it? Im sure I'll be going over it again withe detailer once we park up.

Tomorrow is going to be sh!t apparently and it's 50/50 on Sunday. I have just had mine mopped so no polishing for me.......:D

H.

Guest JamieR

::: RULES & GUIDELINES :::

Times:

Entry to the venue for owners clubs and companies will begin at 07:30AM and end promptly at 09:30AM. Cars after this time will not be able to access the stands for their clubs.

This is according to Haigh Hall Country Park's Health & Safety Regulations, as the venue is open to the public and so we must gather and arrange all cars by 09:30AM in preparation for opening.

The event will officially be open from 10:00AM to the public and this is when all cars will be in situe by.

The event will be closing at 16:00 and all cars MUST be cleared by 18:00.

Rubbish:

Basically, I have been told that if any rubbish is left at the end of the day, it will be picked by the park rangers and there WILL BE A CHARGE FOR THIS.

PLEASE collect ALL your rubbish, it's not a large favour to ask and this all contributes to being able to use the venue next time around.

If rubbish is left, the charge incurred will have to be passed onto your club.

Marshals:

Marshals will be located at the entrance to Haigh Country Park, along the driveway to Haigh Hall and at the event site to control and assist with parking of exhibition vehicles. Please conform to their directions.

Drivers are cautioned not to exceed 10MPH whilst you are within the grounds of Haigh Hall.

On arrival at the event site, your vehcile will be checked off from a list, according to your FORUM NAME, CLUB NAME AND REGISTRATION PLATE NUMBER.

The Day:

Should there be a need for a vehicle to be moved during the event, you MUST seek the assistance of one of the event marshals. Should you refuse to wait for assistance prior to moving the vehicle, a signature will be required on the Health and Safety Waiver Form and the matter reported to Event Control, along with your vehicle details.

Everyone should be aware of Health & Safety issues and bring any concerns to the attention of the event organisers, which may be found at the main Japan North Stand and also wearing high visibility vests.

At the end of the day, the event marshals will supervise the orderly exit of exhibitors from Haigh Hall Country Park.

Please note: All members that have voiced interest in attending the day have been compiled into a list. This list will be passed onto event marshals, who will ensure that only cars belonging to members of the list may enter the venue for display on their club stand.

Above all, have a safe and enjoyable day and I look forward to meeting you all at the second Japan North Car Show!

Kind regards,

Jamie Rigby

Japan North Founder & Organiser

Guest JamieR

::: Maps & Recommendations :::

Good evening all,

Below you will find the map outlining the entry points for the venue.

Key:

Red Dot - Indicates entry point for vehicles unaffected by ramps

Blue Dot - Indicates entry point for low vehicles

Green Dot - Indicates entry point for very low vehicles

Orange Dot - Indicates entry point to the showground

Purple Line - Indicates roads leading to Haigh Hall Venue

For those not attending with an owners club, or who are not on a club stand, there is plenty parking available and you will be directed towards this on arrival.

If attending as part of a club and with a stand, then you will be asked for the appropriate details, which will correspond to a predefined list.

Kind regards,

Jamie Rigby

Guest JamieR

::: Cleaning - Get Your Car Looking Spot On! :::

http://www.japannorth.co.uk/media/WaterTap.pngimage

Get Sponging:

Plenty of owners and stand exhibitions spend the time cleaning their vehicles on the days before the show, but if you would like to give your car that last shine, then there is a water tap on site for you to use - just remember to bring those sponges!

There will be lots of photographs taken on the day, many of which will be submitted to the various car magazines for the aftershow article, including Banzai, Japanese Performance and Max Power.

Get those wheels shiny and get that bodywork polished! :)

Competitions:

There are awards available on the day for both Best I.C.E. and Show & Shine.

You can collect the entry forms from the Japan North Stand on the day and there is no fee to enter.

Food Court:

At Japan North 2008, we have a food court available, so there will be something to munch down on when you're a tad peckish!

Vehicle Forms:

Just a quick reminder to get those forms downloaded and displayed in your window, which are available towards the end of this thread.

All the best,

Jamie Rigby

Guest JamieR

::: Touring Car Appearance :::

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v322/80/26/503879411/n503879411_747246_9465.jpg

Wheel Quick have arranged to bring the Matt Neal & Team Halfords Honda Integra Type R Touring Car...

This will be on display tomorrow at the show for you to take photos of and pose with!

All the best,

Jamie Rigby

http://www.wheelquick.co.uk/index2.php

http://www.JapanNorth.co.uk

Good evening all,

Please read the following few items...

I have just secured the lovely new Nissan GTR Premium Model for the show, so that will be on display (providing that the documentation is sorted by tomorrow).

http://www.japannorth.co.uk/media/NissanGTRPrem.png

========================

Samco Sport have donated a silicone engine hose kit to the raffle thanks to Demon Tweeks. This will be for the winner's vehicle of choice.

========================

When attending the day the Marshals will request specific information from you, of which I have already.

Please complete the Windscreen Identification form, from the link below and display it in your window on approach to the event.

They are downloadable in either Office 2003 or Office 2007 Format:

Windscreen Identification - Office 2003 Format

Windscreen Identification - Office 2007 Format

Also, I have a Vehicle Specification form which is a template for all to use.

They are downloadable in either Office 2003 or Office 2007 Format:

Vehicle Specification - Office 2003 Format

Vehicle Specification - Office 2007 Format

I will be posting maps and entrance information on the forum shortly.

Many thanks,

Jamie Rigby

see above Paul Vicki - stop confusing me ;).

Mike

So that means i have to come earlier than my mates then as they are not members of any clubs. What time are most people going to be there? I have printed of the forms so do i just drive in with them on my window and someone will direct me to the supra stand.

Guest JamieR

FAO: Glynn (GSW)

Good afternoon,

Further to your PM - I'm sorry but the show layout has now been planned and we are realy pushed for space. There is nothing to stop your friend attending though as there is plenty parking space and all are welcome.

Had to post this on the forum, as your Inbox has exceeded its storage limit.

Kind regards,

Jamie Rigby

Can i leave early at about 3.00 as i've got tickets for the united game or do we all have to wait until 4.00 to leave?

My understanding is that you can leave at any time but you must ask a steward to show you out for health and safety. I hope so as I am not hanging around all day like I did last time.....:rolleyes:

I would imagine that at 3pm, we'll be heading home!!

H.