Hit a cat last night

marc_p

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

Cats are living things, some people may not like them but its pretty $#@!ty to think of them as vermin. They are peoples pet's, people get a lot more attached to pet's than they do cars

yeah i hit a cat many moons ago and although i was young and a "tough guy" i stopped and walked back, the sight of that cat writhing around and screaming in absolute agony is an image that is still after 20 odd years crystal clear in my head, i went back to the car to get the jack to put it out of its misery but by the time i got to the cat it was dead :(, so to anyone who thinks running a cat over or any other living creature is fun or their vermin and "deserve it" you are a sick f*#k, Olly i have edited my reply so as not to overly offend other peeps on this board but have you ever heard of Karma ?

Edited by paul mac (see edit history)

That's a sad story. It happened to me many years ago too, though the cat was already dead when I went to see it. I mentioned it to my mates the next day at college that I had run over a ginger cat, one of the girls overheard me and said "Our ginger cat didn't come home last night..." UH OH

That's a sad story. It happened to me many years ago too, though the cat was already dead when I went to see it. I mentioned it to my mates the next day at college that I had run over a ginger cat, one of the girls overheard me and said "Our ginger cat didn't come home last night..." UH OH

Did you ever find out if it was the same cat?

:(

yeah i hit a cat many moons ago and although i was young and a "tough guy" i stopped and walked back, the sight of that cat writhing around and screaming in absolute agony is an image that is still after 20 odd years crystal clear in my head, i went back to the car to get the jack to put it out of its misery but by the time i got to the cat it was dead :(, so to anyone who thinks running a cat over or any other living creature is fun or their vermin and "deserve it" you are a sick f*#k, Olly i have edited my reply so as not to overly offend other peeps on this board but have you ever heard of Karma ?

Its for that reason that I doubt I would return, sorry, but ignorance is bliss in that respect, and its not like I went out looking to run it over, so if it steps in front of my car then it is its own doing, but like you I dont wanna know, so would carry on...

While I was drifiting at Santa Pod last wedneday, I was drifiting around the EDC track, on the slide sideways and a bird shot across in front of me dissapearing into the front of the car, that was a bit weird......didnt know what happened to it though, had a quick look after my laps but couldnt see anything.......

and its not like I went out looking to run it over, so if it steps in front of my car then it is its own doing

I hope you remember that quote if anyone of your friends or family walks out in front of a car or bus or anything.

Accidents do happen but there is no need to be so cold. I've hit a kid before, completely not my doing but i felt so bad after it happened. Luckily i was well inside the limit and he wasn't hurt, just shaken up.. like me.

I hope you remember that quote if anyone of your friends or family walks out in front of a car or bus or anything.

In all fairness my quote was in reference to a cat, not a friend or family member of the human catorgory but if they did and it was their fault, then yeah I would say the same to them, WTF did they think they were doing.......I mean its not rocket science is it to think you can get away with challenging a car while moving, no matter how hard or brave you think you are.....

Like you, you didnt look to twat that kid, he stepped out in front of you, not your fault like you say, which is what Im saying, its not like you set out to twat him, thats why accidents are called just that ;), and as you say as long as your within your legal limits, its not your fault, even if said kiddy didnt make it through the other side....you just have to deal with the experince, and I know all about that seeing as my Dad used to be a courier and once took a cyclist out, cyclist went over the car snapping his neck on the A pillar killing himself instantly, it took my dad over 6 months before he could finally get behind the weel again to go back to work and he was our families only bread winner at the time.....

Same if someone turned up on my door step holding my cat, dead, and informed me that they couldnt have done anything. If my cat was stupid enough to dart out in front of his car, I wouldnt want him swerving and possible loosing human life over it, stupid fucking ktty is what I'll be saying..........

Wonder how many lives it had used up !!??

It would seem that 8 were used prior to Marc P coming along!!

Decat and removal of Veilside in one night!

Wonderful pun Gaz.....:)

This thread went a bit silly very quickly. It's a cat, what are people getting all upset about. I could understand if it belonged to someone on here but why all the hypothetical crap??

H.

It's a cat

I'll remember to write something similar if one of your kids or your wife gets mown down.

Might sound silly to you but some people get attached to these "throw away" animals in the same was as people get attached to family members.

Whoa, wasn't expecting a thread like this when I came back. Unfortunatley I could not see the owner due to 2 things, one, It was 2 o'clock in the morning and secondly it was in the middle of nowhere (I live in the countryside, which is why I only saw the cat once it was in light of the headlights) so finding the owners house would be nearmost impossible. I still feel really guilty though as it was someone's pet which was likely to be loved, not too bothered about the car as it is repairable.

p.s. if anyone has a bodykit bumper for sale I am more than willing to travel for the right one.

We love our cats more than anything and I'd probably have to take a week off work if anything happened to them!!

Never the less, we let our cats roam free outside, and I take that risk knowing it's really the wrong thing to do, if they want to pick a fight with a car it's their own stupid fault!!

there are some very good comments on here, we had our cat hit by a car about 3 years ago, i was in the front garden when it happened, the sound of our cat getting hit by a car is a noise that will stay with me for a long while, the car sped of but i managed to get a god enough description.

when i got to Draven, to see him withering around like he was, not knowing where he was was a sight that i never want to see again, he had bee hit hard enough to brake his jaw front to back and his back as well, not enough to kill him straight away that happened after i had carried him into the kitchen, not very nice.

iirc you don't have to stop or report a cat incident however i think it comes down to morals, even just to see if it is dead.

We have 3 cats now 1 indoor bengal and 2 tuff little cookies that are outdoor ones, its always a worry that if there not in when i go to bed that they are safe and are going to be in for breakfast.

richie

Shadow Beast, I am deeply sorry you & Draven went through that, but (there is no way of being nice about this so I won't insult you by sugar coating the pill) if we are going to be doing what it moraly right by stopping to report a car hitting a cat (and I have done) then surely the cat owners ought to be like every other pet owner and take some responsibility for their pet. You cannot expect cats to have the same status as a dog or horse without subjecting them to the same rules.

no thats fair comment mate, but........ cats are those type of animals that like to be outside and free, what i didn't like was some of the comments on here about it only been a cat, like others on here have said to people that love them as pets its as bad as losing a loved one. its just a sore point for me having lost one to someone that could not of given a rats arse about it.

richie

A good point that was made on another forum:

The irresponsible ownership of cats in this country is getting out of hand, if dogs were left to walk around killing wildlife by themselves there would be uproar.

The argument then comes in that it's cats nature, fine but then don't feed it or give it shelter as that isn't nature, you can't have it both ways.

It's a good point, we feed our cats and also let them roam about wherever they want, basically we're giving them a MASSIVE advantage over every other species.

And as I've said before, if a cat gets hurt by anyone else we blame the other party, but if a cat goes and does damage or harms anyone/anything we run to the cats rescue and again blame the other party!!!

Like I said, I LOVE my cats, and I would really hope that if anyone runs one of them over they either find out where it's from or take it to a vet/whatever to check the microchip. What I wouldn't do is put any blame on the driver, in fact I'd be sorry for any damage the cat caused.

Balls to the cat!Too many around anyway.

As someone who is more of a dog person than a cat person but still has 2 cats and spent £800 nursing a cat back to health after somebody hit it in broad day light and drove off..... BALLS TO YOU SUNSHINE!!!

http://www.gamesmuseum.uwaterloo.ca/Archives/Culin/Hawaii1899/graphics/cock1.jpg

If that was someone's pet then they would be upset. Would you have the same view if it was your pet that was hit, I doubt it seriously.

Fair enough accidents do happen, however if it is possible to take the poor animal back to the owner then really that is the HUMAN thing to do, (although in some circumstances it can be done, like in this thread, 2am, countryside).

Edited by JustGav (see edit history)

And as I've said before, if a cat gets hurt by anyone else we blame the other party, but if a cat goes and does damage or harms anyone/anything we run to the cats rescue and again blame the other party!!!

You are not wrong there! I won't go into details but two Bengals attacked my staffy a while ago, and lost badly. One cat ran off during the fight and the other escaped when I put the dog back in the house. I did the decent thing by looking for these cats when a lady asked me what I was doing late at night looking in peoples gardens. Turns out they are her cats and she went mental at me 'for owning a dog like that' despite her cats coming into my garden and attacking my dog.

I don't feel all big and macho btw, the noise will ring in my ears forever. It was deeply unpleasent for all involved.

I'll remember to write something similar if one of your kids or your wife gets mown down.

Might sound silly to you but some people get attached to these "throw away" animals in the same was as people get attached to family members.

That wasn't my point!!

It doesn't belong to anyone on here as far as we know, I appreciate that it will be tragic to someone but why all the hypothetical crap (like your last post)..:rolleyes: Likening it to wife and kids is also way wide of the mark!!

I am an animal lover and although I find it sad and upsetting, it is unfortunately unavoidable if you are going to have cars and cats in the same vacinity!!

Blown out of proportion.....much!!

H.