The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BHP on all cars are less than it says on paper??

toyotasupra1980

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya guys, thought the subscription was £10 a month, did not think it was £10 a year, but anyway i have paid for the year fee, so i am back.

Now that is out of the way, lets get one thing straight i dont like arguing never have and never will, i am laid back kind of guy, everyone has different opinions and i do listen and take them into consideration, but in the end of the day its my car and i can do what i want with it, if i want to spend £4000 to turbo it up i will, some of the members actually gave this option to me to start with, i have respect for all people who do what we do plain and simple, but you cant win them all which is cool with me :-).

What you have to remember fella is that people who do know what there about, are just trying to give you more cost effective options, if you want to have this turbo kit fitted then its up to you, but ask a few questions, does this kit include things like, piggyback or stand alone ECU and mapping costs, front mount IC and associated pipework, BOV, induction and exhaust pipework, larger injectors, if it doesn't, then start budgeting for a fair bit more money, which is why a few people have advised you to just get a TT transplant, remember that with your proposed kit your max power output is 380bhp, a TT at BPU will give you the same power.

Hi Bud,

When I cam here I knew about the same amount as you regarding how cars work, especially supras. The board has been a real education, and 5 years later, as my signiture attests, I'm still learning all the time. There is a weath of knowledge here, far in excess of what you will find from dealers, so open up your mind bud, it will save you a lot of money and grief.

It can be a bit caustic on here if you don't appreciate others help, remember; when they are sitting down and typing they are taking time to help you.... so sit back, read, do some sums and enjoy your car!

and put some pictures up of it so we can all appreciate :)

Hi Bud,

When I cam here I knew about the same amount as you regarding how cars work, especially supras. The board has been a real education, and 5 years later, as my signiture attests, I'm still learning all the time. There is a weath of knowledge here, far in excess of what you will find from dealers, so open up your mind bud, it will save you a lot of money and grief.

It can be a bit caustic on here if you don't appreciate others help, remember; when they are sitting down and typing they are taking time to help you.... so sit back, read, do some sums and enjoy your car!

and put some pictures up of it so we can all appreciate :)

That is exactly it, I had a fair good background on cars, but not supras, and it has been a wealth of info on here, all the way from people doing it and learning the hard way to people who have bought modded cars from Japan and have had proper monsters.

hiya guys, thought the subscription was £10 a month, did not think it was £10 a year, but anyway i have paid for the year fee, so i am back.

Now that is out of the way, lets get one thing straight i dont like arguing never have and never will, i am laid back kind of guy, everyone has different opinions and i do listen and take them into consideration, but in the end of the day its my car and i can do what i want with it, if i want to spend £4000 to turbo it up i will, some of the members actually gave this option to me to start with, i have respect for all people who do what we do plain and simple, but you cant win them all which is cool with me :-).

I think what people are trying to tell you, (and you dont seem to be listening), is that it is highly unlikley that you will turbo your N/A for £4000. Yes you may be able to get a turbo kit and a few other bits for tht money, but im pretty certain that it doesnt contain everything you will need. Also, when you factor in labour, mapping etc you are looking at a lot more money than that.

There is a guy on here who did such a conversion himself for a lot less than £4K, but he spent ages sourcing parts from all over the globe at good prices and did all the labour himself, so its not to say that its not possible, just highly unlikley and defo impossible if your not doing the labour yourself.

Which members gave you that option at that price to start with im not sure, but ive never ever heard of any member on here expressing those thoughts and if you do a search for tuning/turboing an N/A you will see what i mean.

It hard to get rid of your car if you love it, but if you want more power you are better off selling and getting a TT.

Which members gave you that option at that price to start with im not sure, but ive never ever heard of any member on here expressing those thoughts and if you do a search for tuning/turboing an N/A you will see what i mean.

Looks like with the summer comes this year's worth of I want to turbo my NA, so I've started tagging the threads to just make it easier :p

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/tags.php?tag=na-t+conversion

i wanted more power from my na, so just saved cash, sold it and got a TT! i paid 6k for my TT, and to buy fmic and bph ur looking at about 1k in parts (roughly- greddy spec m fmic £500, full 400bhp bpu pack from whifbits £500) then a bit more in labour! so selling a na and using that 4k in bpu wil stil give u change!

as people have said this site is like my bible!! thankfully people have tried and come across prpoblems when modin there supra so can tell me what to do so i dont mess up :) cheers guys!

i have heard about the cams, was going get the jun-cams, but decided to save for the whifbitz turbo kit for the n/a supra which will give approx 380bhp.

personally I would recommend selling the NA and getting yourself and well sorted out TT or Single Turbo; there are some excellent ones for sale on the forum ;)

http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/supra-turbo.html

Hiya all the link above will give a description of the kit, i have heard all advice and i do appreciate it alot from all of you:), from adding the turbo kit to installing a TT Engine to selling the car and getting a Twin Turbo but i have made my mind up and will get the kit, i have done to much to my car to sell it, allot of you can understand this.

Its a complete kit with intercooler, so i dont think i will have any problems, like i said the amount of power the kit will produce for my supra will be more than enough for me and i can keep my car.

Edited by toyotasupra1980 (see edit history)

Its a complete kit with intercooler, so i dont think i will have any problems

I'd want a full list of the components, so I knew what other parts may be required ie. does it include all gaskets, oil lines, water lines, fittings, etc.

Are you manual or auto? If manual you will also need to budget for a new clutch, as the stock 5spd clutch won't last long.