mkivSupra.net Track Day - 4th October

SteveR

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mmmm... non v-power fuel in the sticks of Wales, am definately stocking up on v-power :D

I'll fill up at the nearest Shell on the way down the night before, then top up with TOTAL's finest :eek: in the day when required (it's not a matter of "if").

It would be good if people can come with enough fuel to see them through till lunch, then get enough to see them through the afternoon. At all other times the staff are keen to lock the paddock gate so they know random non-participant cars aren't making it onto the track.

It won't be impossible to get in & out during other times, just potentially a little delayed.

I've assumed some people will be arriving late (.e.g Chris - animal feeding that AM and then driving down in a truck, so Pete tells me?) and that is accounted for - all shall be revealed in the magical info pack of wonderment. :D

Anyway everyone keep your fingers crossed that my Supe passes its MOT this weekend else I'll have a strop and the whole thing is off! ;)

I should be there on time, I'll do the feeding the night before and start off early. All being well.

Cool :)

Are you definitely bringing one of the Zueses (Zuesii?) or is it the Skyline?

There is nothing to stop you bringing as many "closed wheel" cars as you like actually; this event is limited to and funded by cost-per-driver not cost-per-car. You can't get on track any more/less so there is no problem so long as they're all quick enough not to be mobile chicanes (I suspect that's how you'll think of ALL of us, not the other way round!)

NB: Apparently a Caterham/similar is open wheel..... unless it's got mudguards then it's "closed wheel" :D (all part of the track's insurance purposes/definition).

It won't be the Skyline, if you could see it you'd know why. I opened the boot for the first time in months, a mouse has had a chew at something, there's what looks suspiciously like wiring insulation pieces in there... It's also green with mildew, for the most part, it looks very sad indeed. The engine is in pretty much the same state as it was a year ago, too. It WILL be done this winter, though :)

So it'll be the black Zeus, the Toyota one hasn't a prayer of passing any noise test and is going to Donington's noisy day on Monday unless I find something horrible wrong with it when I look it over tomorrow.

It won't be the Skyline, if you could see it you'd know why. I opened the boot for the first time in months, a mouse has had a chew at something, there's what looks suspiciously like wiring insulation pieces in there... It's also green with mildew, for the most part, it looks very sad indeed. The engine is in pretty much the same state as it was a year ago, too. It WILL be done this winter, though :)

So it'll be the black Zeus, the Toyota one hasn't a prayer of passing any noise test and is going to Donington's noisy day on Monday unless I find something horrible wrong with it when I look it over tomorrow.

lol fair enough :)

Poor Skyline :(

What sort of spec is the Zeus, are they (highly tuned) 1.6l engines or did I make that up? Whatever it is, I'll get out of the way when it appears in my mirrors twice a lap. ;)

Yep, it's the ex works car, all carbon body and wing and front diffuser. The red ones got even more carbon, they went mad on that as the Yank who ordered it was loaded and he ticked every box plus some bespoke bits. It's painted though (err, obviously...) so you can't see much carbon on that.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it, both parked up so I can gawp and in action on the track. :)

Who's the suit in that pic?

It's a pal of mine I used to race against, until he had a very very nasty accident at Donington and nearly lost his legs :( He's OK now though, and the MSA have just let him have a race licence back. Interesting guy, he's worked for some rather cool Aerospace type companies.

http://www.safeguardbarriers.co.uk/news/articles/archive.asp?pknews=12

what db is the zeus?

ive just spent another 700 odd on exhaust and fitting and is now 110db,

may not make this after all.

How come it's still so loud? :(

The Tanabe touring medallion bignum and I went for is nice & quiet (wastegate also plumbed into downpipe; that's the noisiest bit of course). £500 for the zorst.

The Tanabe touring medallion bignum and I went for is nice & quiet (wastegate also plumbed into downpipe; that's the noisiest bit of course). £500 for the zorst.

I second the Tanabe. I made 92dB at 'combe last time which is just above a mouse sneezing, or something :)

who knows,

so far moving to an exhaust has cost me over £3,000.

and its still not sorted

what db is the zeus?

ive just spent another 700 odd on exhaust and fitting and is now 110db,

may not make this after all.

It's quieter than most modded Supras :) Should be fine. The red one has no silencing at all, a CR of about 13.75 to 1 and WILD cams, so it's VERY noisy. Would be hard to make it pass any noise tests so it's a bit limited as to where it can run, as is.

Should be dead easy to make a turbo MKIV run under any noise limit, unless you do something daft like plumb an external wastegate to atmosphere. The turbo itself uses a lot of exhaust energy. In an emergency you could run the stock cat back system.

Is this a MKII MR2 turbo then? You should be able to get something pretty damned big there, the stock silencer is pretty huge! The "boots" another place something could be put :)

yeh mk2

tried that and it overkilled the car at 91db at 4.5k revvs

it killed intake temps and egt which had to be mapped for this.

not good