The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PETROL - filled up this morning... not again?

Mariusz

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to reports this morning fuel prices are expected to increase steadily over the next 8 years. Some analysts reckon £2/litre for unleaded by 2014 which will mean diesel will have gone over £10/gallon.... :(

£2 a litre for unleaded by 2014? It'll be £1.50 by the end of summer and £2 by the end of year at this rate!

In 5 years it'll be a damn sight more than that!

Gaz.

[ANGRY][/ANGRY]It gets worse people a barrel of Sweet crude oil has risen to $135.00 today, a all time record high. To top it off im being told by one of my clients (well known refinery operator, no names mentioned, two letters in the name) the predicted cost for a litre of 95 Octane fuel by March 2009 is, wait for it

A whopping £1.50 OUUUCH!!

£2 a litre for unleaded by 2014? It'll be £1.50 by the end of summer and £2 by the end of year at this rate!

In 5 years it'll be a damn sight more than that!

Gaz.

Is race fuel going up in accordance? If not, Might be cheaper to buy that soon :sly:

Is race fuel going up in accordance? If not, Might be cheaper to buy that soon

Methanol is actually cheaper than fuel at the mo, but not by much, you also consume twice as much, as the meth stoich is over double that of fuel, we'd all have a good increase in power though!:cool:

Someone should start a thread and try to organise some kind of action against this... :blink:

i did yesterday? it could be done people just don't seem to think they would make a difference. can we start a poll to see how many members will do the 1 month boycot then tell everyone they know?

I paid 125.9 for BP ultimate when we stopped off on the way back from Japfest :(

I put in normal 95 ron and that was £1.19:blink: When the shop assistant said "hi, everything ok?", I resisted the temptation to explain how they weren't:D

Im seriously considering E85 for my project car (its not a daily driver)

Does anyone know the current price at the minute?

The nearest garage from me is 30 miles but it might almost be worth it considering the hp gains (but consumption increases a lot too)

Really do feel for you guys that have to do big miles in your soop's or any car tbh :( I was given some really good advice last year from a friend / mentor at work when i was looking for new jobs about living near to work as one of the jobs i was considering was an 80 mile round trip but thankfully i got the one that is only 4 miles away. Also a mate of mine now works in the same place so we car share, walk and cycle to work :) not all at the same time :D So the buggers can't hurt me anymore with fuel prices!

My God there are some thickos joining this club.

Boycott a petrol station for a month? Yeah sure cos they are getting £1.30 a litre...

If you put 50 litres of juice in your car and buy a snickers and a drink from the shop, the petrol station will make more money on the chocolate bar and drink than they will from the fuel. If you buy fuel and pay by credit card it will actually cost the petrol station more in fees than the profit they will receive from selling the petrol in the first place.

Our petrol prices are largely the same as Europe's, some countries pay more, some pay less.

The price of oil is driven by speculators and city traders. The duty on fuel as a percentage of the total price per litre has gone down, the raw price per barrel and VAT are what causes our prices to rise so if you want to petition someone for a change, ask the government to scrap the VAT, which is a tax on a tax. You may also want to ask the FSA to look into dodgy trading while you're at it.

Some perspective:

In 1973 the price of petrol QUADRUPLED. Think about it for a moment.

Also it's only oil & petrol, it's not like you're going to die or anything. You CAN afford it. If you can't - sell your car and get something that IS affordable. Deal with it. There are a lot more people, a LOT more, that cannot even afford to eat, let alone drive a performance car.

Give some thought to the poor of the world. They have to pay high prices too.

Prices are mainly to do with india and china as they are growing really fast and are putting a strain on fuel supplies.

Yes the gov't here needs to cut the tax on fuel as that is they only way to control prices at the pumps, but some how can not see it happening.