The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Damn NA!

GoliathJay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also converts the speedo to MPH,that's the only reason I fitted it!

I've heard it does mess with things though?

They shouldn't mess with anything. All they're supposed to do is divide the speed signal by 5/8ths.

Wow...i was so p*ssed off with my n/a in the end and she had trouble keeping up witha Honda Civic type R...But to be fair, my supe was starting to reel that honda in but i ran out of road! :(

So i did the best thing i could a got a TT! And now, i can pretend to be struggling and when they think they have won, boot and leave them a mile behind lol! :D

Guest Piston_Broke

I beat a type r civic in my n/a auto the other day , so i reakon theres " sommat " wrong with your car .

BTW slipping clutches and racing dont go together ;)

Originally Posted by TonyP

FFS When are you people going to learn if you've got an na don't race ANYTHING! Just be happy looking good or get a TT.

Or keep it well serviced and running well instead of piling on loads of visual crap that does nothing but improves your local chav status ( general comment )

Guest mattsupra

wow thats bad to say the least

i would get it looked at asap really

my n/a seems slow sometimes and the warm air wont help much but still it should be quicker than a 1.6

I beat a type r civic in my n/a auto the other day , so i reakon theres " sommat " wrong with your car .

BTW slipping clutches and racing dont go together ;)

Originally Posted by TonyP

FFS When are you people going to learn if you've got an na don't race ANYTHING! Just be happy looking good or get a TT.

Or keep it well serviced and running well instead of piling on loads of visual crap that does nothing but improves your local chav status ( general comment )

Don't know, the power delivery felt fine although i did have a dodgey release bearing on my n/a at the time thus may not have been delivering power properly.

Anyhow, i have my TT now and would make mince meat out of a type R! :D

Yea something doesnt seem right losing to a 1.6 civic, i raced a 2.0 Honda Integra Type R (6 speed) the other day (without my nos) and it was roughly the same until about 110-120 and then i left it for dust all the way to 160 (160 on my clock so realistically 145mph!! took a while to get to there though :()

Yea something doesnt seem right losing to a 1.6 civic, i raced a 2.0 Honda Integra Type R (6 speed) the other day (without my nos) and it was roughly the same until about 110-120 and then i left it for dust all the way to 160 (160 on my clock so realistically 145mph!! took a while to get to there though :()

Crikey, 145 sounds like top speed for an NA. All on a private road, I'm sure.... :)

I almost got beat by a 1.4 clio in my n/a auto once,I was in second gear around 2k this clio comes up the side of me with his foot already down so i put my foot down and the damn thing stayed in second, I had to wait till 5k to smoke his ass, he almost beat me as it goes from 2 lanes to 1. Just before it went to 1 lane i got to 5k and was off, they funny thing is he's gonna go tell his mates he almost beat a supra and i bet they all think hes full of 5hit haha. I blame it being an auto for that almost loss.

no not dyno'd mine don't want to

A: know that it is below 220bhp

B: blow mine up like hoff :(

to be fair we all know a 14 year old un-modded car isn't gonna be the same BHP its a fact of life

(damn i'm actully sounding like a realist)

Oi:d NA manuals are around the 200 bhp at the fly IIRC these days.

The dyno by the way should not have had anything to do with engine blowing. It was only on for a few mins.