The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Damn NA!

GoliathJay

dont worry about it.

Yesterday my car seemed really slow but today it seemed like a rocket ship.

Managed to pass both the paperboy and a milk float. ;)

No, really,... It seemed much faster.

yeah, mines like that too :think: maybe temperature and humidity affect the charge mix but even then......odd

But age will certainly effect it. When these N/A's came out 0-60 in 6.5 secs was standard. Id get it fixed, serviced - fresh oil, sparks etc - and generally sorted before you subject it to the rigours of a Dyno. Maybe one or both cats out too. Hoff had his engine blow after a day on the dyno and his is/was really glued and screwed ;)

Anyway, your supra would kill most other cars out there on looks alone. Who needs to go fast when you look so good :eyebrows::yahoo::lalala:

Linda

x

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, mines like that too :think: maybe temperature and humidity affect the charge mix but even then......odd

But age will certainly effect it. When these N/A's came out 0-60 in 6.5 secs was standard. Id get it fixed, serviced - fresh oil, sparks etc - and generally sorted before you subject it to the rigours of a Dyno. Maybe one or both cats out too. Hoff had his engine blow after a day on the dyno and his is/was really glued and screwed ;)

Anyway, your supra would kill most other cars out there on looks alone. Who needs to go fast when you look so good :eyebrows::yahoo::lalala:

Linda

x

I agree with the some days are faster than others comment. Mine was feeling very sluggish before it went on the dyno (most of the week) but on the day felt fine and the figures for an auto NA were pretty good at the wheels:)

DEFO should have had a 1.6, but the weight thing does make a differnce. whilst i had the NA my FTO on a auto boxed seemed quicker and i think it was cus of the way the Supra handled. Depending where you r the Supra i think can be a little clumsy especaily on an auto, a motorway nice long and fairly straight is good but the potholed B road i would think twice.

I'm thinking a trip to motorscope later in the year(not aloud to spend any money on anything for 2 months :()

I've booked into motorscope for tomorrow! Will let ya know how it goes.

My Civic typeR was faster than my N/A. Definatly felt faster anyway.

I've PM'd you Goliath about my old diff I have for sale. Very Cheap. :)

Cheers bud, replyed!

It's been seriviced recently (2 months ago) all fluids done + sparks.

It needs to move like it looks :D TT swap is in the works but not till I have enough cash to do it right!

I agree with the some days are faster than others comment. Mine was feeling very sluggish before it went on the dyno (most of the week) but on the day felt fine and the figures for an auto NA were pretty good at the wheels:)

It's funny that because i recall when i had my n/a, it was exactly the same as what you are describing hoff!

Glad ive got me TT now! :D ;)