The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Fast and the Furious

Dash Rendar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I coincidentally wathced the DVD on Monday night and relaised a few things I didn't see the first time around. The car is an NA!!!!! Seriously, have alook at the engine when he turns up at the garage with it all smashed up.

Then they spend some cash on it (saying they will buy an FMIC) and it all of sudden has a dump valve.

Then when you look at the car towards the end of the film the hole in the front of the bumper is just filled in, no FMIC there. If there is, its completely blocked off, rendering it pretty much useless for a car of that supposed power! :stupid:

I believe it is called suspending belief....do you really reckon they are going to buy 10 supra's..do them all up just to go do jumps and stuff in them?? A few of them will be fibreglass replicas

Gav

The sup in the pic on the last page does not have an FMIC !!!! cause they aint cut the Bomex for it !!!!

Dude :flame Dev

I believe it is called suspending belief....do you really reckon they are going to buy 10 supra's..do them all up just to go do jumps and stuff in them?? A few of them will be fibreglass replicas

Gav

No but you would think they would use the decent one for the engine close up!

Dear Points of View...

Why oh Why oh Whyyyyyyy....yes let me finish (in a bad welsh accent)

The thing that got me was how after having all those mods done it struggled against a Ferrari 355...and then when he pulled in he just switched the engine off without letting the turbos cool down...well if it had turbos...maybe if it was an NA then not a bad fight with the Ferrari 355.

But as Rosie says 'Its only a Movie' 99.9% of its audience wont have a clue..

True it IS just a film and 99% of the target audience wouldn't be able to spot the mistakes if they sat all day watching it in slow motion :(

For the rest of us, its very annoying when we hear classic phrases like "wait 'til we get the Motec exhaust" and other such gems.

I'm a real continuity and information freak, it annoys the hell out of me when films get it wrong. Although I only seem to notice it in car films, I'm sure its just as annoying for others in other types of films.

At the end of the day, The Fast and The Furious, had TWO of my all time favourite cars starring in it :) A Supra (obviously) and a '69 hemi Dodge Charger.

True, the storyline was weak, the continuity was bad, the research was poor and 10 second 1/4 miles went on for 10 minutes, with continually bigger and bigger hits of Nitrous, and seemingly never ending gear changes ;) but at the end of the day, I'd watch films like that over and over again rather than "Bridget Jones" and the like :D

True, the storyline was weak, the continuity was bad, the research was poor and 10 second 1/4 miles went on for 10 minutes, with continually bigger and bigger hits of Nitrous, and seemingly never ending gear changes ;) but at the end of the day, I'd watch films like that over and over again rather than "Bridget Jones" and the like :D

yep, gota agree. Can't fault the theme of the film :)

I'd rather watch a poor film with a interesting subject matter than another 'love' story.

BTW anyone watch 13 ghosts last night?

What a complete pile of rubbish. :(

It's a fun film, even part of the fun is taking the piss :)

Everyone has their specialities, I went to see Vertical Limit with a mountain climber friend and he pissed himself laughing throughout, I thought it was real exciting and quite realistic cos I knew nothing about the subject :D

You think their treatment of cars is bad, try being a gun enthusiast :rolleyes: It's not just the amount of bullets they fire it's things like seeing a gun jam and the actor still making firing motions with it and it still going "bang bang", hilarious. Or even better, different camera angles on the same person in the same gunfight gives them a completely different gun :eek:

-Ian

I cannot say anything against F&F as it was this film that introduced me to Jap motors and more importantly Supra's. When it came out I was looking for a second car, something impractical as it was for weekend use only and I had a garage now to keep it in. Had looked around at numerous cars but nothing had taken my fancy till I sat watching the F&F. As soon as I saw the Supra come out of the garage I thought:

"That's the car for me. What is it? "

Then followed some frantic searching for info, finding an importer and waiting the best part of six months. I've been the proud owner of one ever since.

The best part of the second film had to be the little "link" film that joined F&F to 2F2F.