The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbies To The Site

TRACIE_LOU

It looks like the rad had been replaced and it's missing the fan shroud. The front wings and bonnet also look a slightly different colour to the rest of the car - possible sign it's had some front end damage? I think you did the right thing walking away, if only for the V5 issue

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks like the rad had been replaced and it's missing the fan shroud. The front wings and bonnet also look a slightly different colour to the rest of the car - possible sign it's had some front end damage? I think you did the right thing walking away, if only for the V5 issue

...and if anyone knows about taking a car to completely to bits then fecking about making it with other bits - it's Homer! :D

Welcome to the club and good luck with the search. As others have said, the history of a members cars for sale on here might be a bit more complete simply through any threads they've started about it in the past :). I did that before buying mine, she wasn't perfect, but ticked all the right boxes for me at a price I found hard to refuse!

just for info, picked up my twin turbo auto j-spec 6weeks ago for £3600 with 81k on the clock, stock and in near mint condition. was cheap(ebay) but worth waiting for!!! 2k miles and no probs as yet.

good luck with the search

Take care

Rob

Hi & welcome guys, The manuals are more desirable and seem to hold their value better but you really should test drive an automatic, the supra box is a very good one. I wasn't sure about buying an auto but I really like it now, I don't regret it.

I have to agree with tomgeer, to a point :) I think the manuals 'were' more desirable. but most people that have tried both have to agree that the auto is an excellent box. it allows you to cruise effortlessly in traffic/town. but is a great sports box in manual mode. the speed of gearchanges would be hard to match in a manual. they are sooooo controllable and just give you time to enjoy/concentrate on the drive. that said there are some diehard manual fans out there ;)

I have tried all 3 and wouldn't swap my auto for any manual. but this is just my opinion. get out there and try manual and auto. they are very different. and people have different expectations, both boxes are pretty bombproof and neither have any really common flaws.

Rob

I hate to be the voice of scepticism (again) but if a car has a genuine 74k I would next expect the interior to be tired.....;)

Is there any kind of service history? You can pick up seats, gear knob, steering wheels cheap enough but I'm suspicious about the mileage!

Oh and Welcome!

H.

On the flip side my car is 130k and the interior isnt mint. but its damn good!

well guys news update on 2 peeps that need to learn an awful lot lol!!....

after dissapointment of not getting the car we wanted last night we spent hours on here looking and found one!! from a dealer lots of service history reciepts etc!!

its a 93 silver aerotop auto!!.... was up for 4500 but got it for 4100 full leather too. needs few bits plus would like to change things like we've seen the dials on this group buy thing just aint got a clue on anything ( dont laugh lol)..

most of all as i said in post earlier i (trace) was really unsure on driving an auto ....but i love it and the car we are sooo pleased :D

rear.jpg

int.jpg

car.jpg

yeah bought this morning, so far so good we even want to get cleaning and waxing!! and deciding what to spend first bit of spare cash on first of stereo is a must! poss carbon dash and new steering wheel... any suggestions would be cool as we know nothing gotta lot of learning to do!!:D

Welldone guys:) Good price for an aero too:) How recantly was it serviced. If its due one do that first. Fluids, plugs, filters etc:)

Then maybe some oem skirts and spats, maybe a cat back exhaust, O2 sensors and even a manifold from Nic (import pimp)

But its looking good. Nice one:)

lol... cambelt was done 2years ago got quoted £250 from toyota dealer is that about right or was it silly going there?... have to say i (tracie)adamantly refused auto at first but gave it ago and was suprised how easy it was..... does anyone know who can fit steering wheels as everyone is saying they wont touch it cos of airbag???... we are seeing loads of things we want etc..:D

so far roof not been down blooming rain!! lol:d

Im sure a friendly local member will help with the wheel. The cam belt service is about right IMO if it includes parts and labour. Though you can probably get the parts cheeper of here. Traders like Nic (import pimp), Paul Whifin (whifbitz), Gaz Walker (Envy) etc are all very good:)

Genuine cambelt and aux belt totalled just over £100 when I bought them a year ago. Add in an hour or two for labour, you should be looking at about £200 to change both of them. I'd personally consider £250 to be slightly on the high side, but not too unreasonable.

And the auto's a great box. I've had people asking me recently "don't you find it annoying having to press the sport button when you want to GO?!". I hadn't realised that other autos weren't as intelligent as the Supras is, as it's my first auto :D

can anyone help.. we have an auto box and there is a little red button with jap writing next to it does anyone know what this button does? prob another silly question lol

Before the ridicule starts, may I point you in the direction of another button - namely the search one at the top of the forum.

All will be revealed should you choose to use it. :)