Why Supra over say Skyline?

lucasdemoley

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In terms of looks, the supra is more a GT racing car & the Skyline is a touring car, so it depends on what you like. I just like them both though :D

Skylines have grown on me recently- there not bad cars- slightly bigger and good for people with children lol.. i dont think anyone would complain if they had one....

..thats cos theyd sell it and buy a supra!:p

Supra is sexier and you see less of them about- the better head turners... how many ppl care if they see a Scooby-- oh look another Colin Mcrae (rip) look a likey! okay skyline a sexier car but nothing really beats a supra when u put it down to it.

The Skyline has a very good boot and useful rear seats that people can actually sit in... but then so does a Ford Focus...

I traded my UK Supra in for a UK Skyline GTR33 V-Spec some years back. This was partly justified (to the wife!) on the basis that the Skyline was a more practical car than the Supra (the boot is useable and the rear seats are comfortable for short journies) and partly on the basis that I believed all the hype about the Skyline's performance and handling.

Well, here I am some years later, older and wiser, and back in a Supra. For me the Supra offers the perfect combination of performance, looks ('style'), quality (compare the interior of a Supra to a Skyline and the general fit and finish), economy (I love the way I can get this serviced by any competent Toyota mechanic and at sensible money) and excitement.

The Skyline bored me; the Supra puts a smile on my face every time I get in it. :)

Bottom line: it all comes down to personal taste (which is probably why we aren't all driving a Focus, thank God!).

34 GTT's are pants, 33 gtst's dont do it for me either but the GTR is a whole different ballgame. The traction from the 4wd off the line is unreal, it feels so planted in the corners and having all four wheels spin up on leaving the apex is awesome. I was on the brink of buying a Supra (hence being registered here) but the GTR (any model) was always what i've wanted to own. There are downsides with every car not just the "taxi's":spank: :D

you cant compare a GTST/GTT to a TT soop, i know they are RWD but they just dont have the power to overcome the lardyness that comes naturally with the Skyline, whereas a GTR...:cool: IMO the GTR and TT Supra (NSX aside) are the best cars to have come out of Japan.

As above its all down to personal preference, just glad we have both Supra and Skyline in the family :eyebrows:

eh Rob??

For me, i wanted both but i can get the fastest supra so theres no other version above what i have (Apart from you super modded ones) but with the GTST skyline, id own it knowing its not the best one, cant afford a GT-R. If you ever met one in your lower spec car youd feel bad.

I know i'm part of the supra club, but i'm pretty unbiased and i call a spade a spade. Back when i was looking for a new sports car when i was 21, it was a toss up between a supra and a skyline, with the deciding factor coming down to me only having £10k to spend.

Every option was available to me apart from the R34 GTR................... and that is the only car that i would have bought over a supra back then. unfortuneatly, they cost about £30k 2-3 years ago, but thats the same as saying i would buy a lambo over my supra, of course i would if i had the money.

So its about what you can get for your budget.... If you can afford the R34 GTR then i'd i go for that, otherwise you can get a corka facelift TT supra for probably less than £10k with the current market and make it look stunning.

Again, in an unbias view, i think the stock look of the supra is now dated.. but they have so much potential to look as good and better than many of todays eqivilant cars. Some subtle changes and your away ;)

hmmmm, no contest imo. My good fried Andy has a GTS-T. In standard form the supra is quicker, they both handle about the same and IMO the supe looks a lot sleeker.

Heres a pic of mine

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/flukey-lukey/luke7.jpg

and heres a pic of his taxi skyline :innocent:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h237/flukey-lukey/skyline2.jpg

like you said mate no contest, supra all day long