The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Considering selling the Supe - I may be going mental

jevansio

I agree Jay, you've sunk a lot of money and effort into that car.

Get a GT35R and run it lower boost - have the two maps for the two turbos on the laptop and flip between them as you swap them. It's one of the best cars out there mate - and it's made me come back to Supra ownership. You can't f**k off now, just as I'm getting mine!!!

Knock the boost down to 1 bar as well, take the mental edge off it. You really have the best of both worlds in this car though mate, you can wind the boost down and have a mint, mint car and turn it up for an absolute tarmac-terorrist.

I'm going for response in mine - hence the GT35R. I know I'll lose out top-end, but I want a streetable, quick car.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I do get rid I hope I feel like that afterwards.

You have to bear in mind. And please dont take this the wrong way ant (fatcontroller).

The car in question was purchased already completed therefore the bond/loyalty to the car wasnt there.

I have often wondered about selling mine and getting something newer. However its not really possible to get anything faster on the road for similar value. I hardly use mine on the road now that its properly setup because i find it such an animal.

Get it on the track Jay, will soon help you with your decision!

I agree Jay, you've sunk a lot of money and effort into that car.

Get a GT35R and run it lower boost - have the two maps for the two turbos on the laptop and flip between them as you swap them. It's one of the best cars out there mate - and it's made me come back to Supra ownership. You can't f**k off now, just as I'm getting mine!!!

Knock the boost down to 1 bar as well, take the mental edge off it. You really have the best of both worlds in this car though mate, you can wind the boost down and have a mint, mint car and turn it up for an absolute tarmac-terorrist.

I'm going for response in mine - hence the GT35R. I know I'll lose out top-end, but I want a streetable, quick car.

There's no need to worry about me leaving :D, don't think I could manage without the crack on this site :D, I'll have a Supra, it may not be a beast, but it'll look stunning as they all do :)

Going to have a chat with my mates see what they think. TBH before I started the single conversion they all warned me, Jay you're doing exactly what you did to the MR2, just enjoy it standard, I'm starting to think they are right.

Going to have a chat with my mates see what they think. TBH before I started the single conversion they all warned me, Jay you're doing exactly what you did to the MR2, just enjoy it standard, I'm starting to think they are right.

Use the other cars as day to day and appreciate the supra for what it is. A total nutjob for weekend use.

I am quite pleased to read this today as I had been feeling the same, my car has been off the road since July and I have spent around 10-12K so far on parts and labour to get it where it is today SINCE the engine failure, the car owes me well over 40K, it will be almost a brand new Supra with a new engine, all new internals, new fuel system, new wheels, new water injection, new brakes, new lights, new sound system, new exhaust, new turbo etc etc etc, but the thought of selling has crossed my mind as it will never be a valuable and desirable as it is right now

So how much £££ are you looking for then Jay?

You have to bear in mind. And please dont take this the wrong way ant (fatcontroller).

The car in question was purchased already completed therefore the bond/loyalty to the car wasnt there.

And it had been crashed badly and also had done a lot of miles.

Mine's almost done and starting to get to use it properly now. I too have had thoughts of selling, but then I go for a spirited drive and love it, plus I know I wont get faster for the money. I've genuinely not found something I fancy enough to make me sell.

Just make sure you're positive before you sell mate, you've built a cracking car and may find that you regret selling :)

So how much £££ are you looking for then Jay?

And it had been crashed badly and also had done a lot of miles.

To be honest I hadn't got as far as setting the price, if it were to go in exactly the trim it's in now (see my garage for full spec - all items in blue would be included but are not on the car yet), I think the trouble is it'd break just into the 20's, maybe start @ £21k (I know £19.5k isn't far off & is below the magic number, but I've just spent nearly £2k on a sound install, & the bits I'm waiting to install add upto nearly £2k too).

It's not been crashed, will check the mileage, but it's in the 40's, (some of that was in km too), it's done prolly 3k since the engine rebuild.

I am quite pleased to read this today as I had been feeling the same, my car has been off the road since July and I have spent around 10-12K so far on parts and labour to get it where it is today SINCE the engine failure, the car owes me well over 40K, it will be a almost a brand new Supra with a new engine, all new internals, new fuel system, new wheels, new water injection, new brakes, new lights, new sound system, new exhaust, new turbo etc etc etc, but the thought of selling has crossed my mind as it will never be a valuable and desirable as it is right now

It sure does help when you know others feel the same, I thought I was a nutjob for feeling like this :)

Mine's almost done and starting to get to use it properly now. I too have had thoughts of selling, but then I go for a spirited drive and love it, plus I know I wont get faster for the money. I've genuinely not found something I fancy enough to make me sell.

Just make sure you're positive before you sell mate, you've built a cracking car and may find that you regret selling :)

I brought the car to work today, had my new stereo turned right up, it was making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up driving it, this just makes things worse, it's a bit like a girlfriend who you argue constantly with, you know you should break up, but she aint half hot in bed :D

I brought the car to work today, had my new stereo turned right up, it was making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up driving it, this just makes things worse, it's a bit like a girlfriend who you argue constantly with, you know you should break up, but she aint half hot in bed :D

Exactly the same mate http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1496785&postcount=84 ;)

Just make damn sure before you jump dude, go drive some other cars and see if they're better. Life begins once that wastegate opens :D

i hope my feelings return when i pick her up, i am sure they will, as not really drove it since september, and now knowing it should be right, i don,t think anyone should sell there,s till after the summer, its easy to feel this way when you look at the weather now

I know exactly how you are feeling and tbh i dont regret selling mine one bit, for me i went to far with the car, modding became an obsession, when i do another im just going to go stock body,light wheels,big brakes/ Chris Wilson suspension and a phr street or stage one kit.

No bling or body kits, just spotless.

Am I mental for creating this monster then realising at the end I can't enjoy what I bought the car for in the first place - driving round in a beaut black Supra?

I don't think you are mental at all mate, in fact, I think it is rather normal to experience what you are going through at the moment.

The problem with any car is what do you do with it when you've finished all of your modding ambitions - there really isn't anything else you can do apart from enjoy it.

You face the same dilemma as me TBH as I enjoy participating in the modding of the vehicle and not necessarily the enjoyment of having the finished project. I think car projects can be dull once they are finished and as a typical bloke, I am always on the hunt for something new and more interesting

I have just moved to a new car in order to restore my interest in modding.

:yeahthat: With a full respray in Carbon Black.

That's the colour my Beemer is. Love it. Looks spot on in the sun when it's clean.

I'm going for a similar look. A nice set of alloys. TRD spoiler, GT35R single conversion and a nice stereo. Response and relaibilty for a quick GT style Supra. A cruiser.

Jay. Keep it man!! You'll lose a shed load of money if you sell it.

How about just fitting a smaller turbo for day to day use and leaving the bigger one to track days?

GT35R would be fun but not lunatic.

You could easily just load the right map for the right turbo...

That's what I'm having done for mine although it's still for sale. I liked the large turbo but a few other people thought it was too laggy. Fitting a smaller one with a stock head to give a nice power zone so someone can appreciate the car daily. If i take a NA manual in p/ex, it'll just be cosmetically modded, black on black probs and leave it at that. Need the money for other things in life now anyway

I totally understand where you are coming from. I got to the point during the build that i just couldnt be bothered anymore.

So went and bought a 911 GT3 and 6 months later now that the supe is nearly finished its looking like it will be the 911 that makes way rather than orginally planned which was to be the supe.

Cheers

G

I totally understand where you are coming from. I got to the point during the build that i just couldnt be bothered anymore.

So went and bought a 911 GT3 and 6 months later now that the supe is nearly finished its looking like it will be the 911 that makes way rather than orginally planned which was to be the supe.

Cheers

G

cannot quite work out if you are keeping the supe or the porker, hope its the supe, there are not that good ones around now, they seem to be going abroad all the time:(