The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GunMetal 6 Speed with Big Twins

paconnors

• 2 weeks later...
Whilst obviously far from ideal...you can drive without big injectors, you just have to not use it flat out...

Sounds like an ideal project car with some nice bits fitted and just needs finishing off :)

The car is an Ideal project as the majority of the expensive work has been done.

Open to realistic offers.

• 3 weeks later...
Car has had a replacement engine with 50k miles fitted by JPS last year

The above 50k-figure means the new engine hasn't got many miles on it at all - Now that's worth a real strong sales pitch IMO;)

People should be biting your hands off - good luck mate

Can't believe someone with some vision hasn't bought this off you.

TT6 Facelift with lots of good bits on it.

So lets look at what it needs; minimum.

ECU, Injectors and a map...

Right so being quite basic it needs an

e-Manage Ultimate...£400.

The turbo's are pretty big so I'd personally fit an injector resistor pack and good quality 720-850cc injectors. £600?

Labour - getting someone to fit it all - £400?

Mapping Labour - £400?

So £1.8k to sort I'd guess....that's a grand total of ~£11700 + a bit of hassle...for a '96TT6 in a good colour.

It's a bargain. (I've not seen the car though so am only judging from here.)

I'd have it if I could.

At that price you'd be cheaper selling it for parts, cant you take out a small loan and just sort out the fueling and mapping, and advertise in europe or something?

Fkin hell just noticed its a 6speed too, you need that car finished, you've got a potential 600hp car there, having it mapped would put rest to any doubts people may have

Thats a very good car for the price, you mentioned you're not in rush so hang on and dont drop the price any lower as it seems like its just not the right time for this car to be sold, wait for the right person to come at the right time mate.

Good luck with it

... you've got a potential 600hp car there... have

Surely with big twins its a lot more than that?

Free bump fella. I would love to own this car, your price is far too low. People want to buy a complete car. If you sorted out the little niggles you would be getting around the 15k mark easily.

Surely with big twins its a lot more than that?

No, not unless you want an engine rebuild pretty soon, no internal engine spec has been mentioned, and I assume the turbos are pretty similar to the HKS 2835's which at 1.4bar and appropriate fueling are around 600mark, your still looking at a good few g of exhaust setup there, and its a nice car all in all(edit: VERY nice car), have you thought about taking it back to stock mate, surely you would get about 8g's on a stock facelift j-spec tt6,

If your handy with a spanner it shouldnt be that hard and your expanding your market there

I actually quite like this, tasteful mods, I'd finish it

I was tempted by this car as does look lovely and would certainly go when finished but it worries me that it has been running 1.1bar on stock fueling.... I can see a wideband in the downpipe but can the owner comment on what AFR's it runs over 5k on wards as if the turbo are efficient as they seem on paper then i would say it would be running very lean and with the stock ignition map is a reciepe for disaster.

Give me a shout though if its still around in 3 weeks time and i will make you an offer based on Compression test results and leakdown results.

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...
Is this car still available? as others have mentioned im concerned about the condition of the engine, would you let me get it checked over (at my cost) if i was to make an offer/buy it?

Car is still available and I have no problem with you checking the engine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.