New Bonnet , whadya reckon ????

dude

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

personally i dont really like it (sowiee), but reading how dude using it to achieve a goal its ok, im sure it does look alot better in real. jasonmoola photoshop in black looks better than silver imo as qaisar says hides the lines.

i remember in billing (silver, far end), someone had a wild and bold bonnet too on a veilside i think

I'm reserving judgement until I've seen the finished article. But it's a 'work in progress', so I certainly wouldn't be as condemnatory and judgemental as some have been on this thread....I'll do that when it's finished :read: Only joking :D

The first pics looked a bit sketchy, but the last picture looks ok to me, so I'm keen to see it finished. I've got to pop down and see Dude soon, so I'll take more of a peek then :)

Yes they have to remove all the paint around the louvres otherwise it splits .

Ian The guy asked after your car , he has a pic of it on the wall there

Thanks for the feed back guys , remember i HATE the stock bonnet without the UK scoop its too big an area of vast flatness !!!!! :nana:

Dude :donkey:

Cool :)

Tell him I crashed it ;)

-Ian

Not if you're going in a straight line.. it is useful for cornering :) Besides the rear spoiler doesnt look total shite John ;)

you cant accept that i have a better scoop than your girly UK one can you , ive just taken Toyotas idea and improved it , or dont you need the scoop on yours !!!! :read:

Besides i have this hole to cover !!!!!

Dude :flame Dev

Ballistic Bonnet 009.jpg

Ballistic Bonnet 010.jpg

you cant accept that i have a better scoop than your girly UK one can you , ive just taken Toyotas idea and improved it , or dont you need the scoop on yours !!!! :read:

Besides i have this hole to cover !!!!!

The idea of Toyotas hood scoop (as you know) was so people in Europe could go cruising down the autobahns flat out without the engine overheating... not for 10 sec blasts at a time.

You do what you want m8, its your car :) You just requested opinions and I gave you mine. :read:

Did terry influence you with the bonnet fins? I remember his Purple one had those all over it :)

The idea of Toyotas hood scoop (as you know) was so people in Europe could go cruising down the autobahns flat out without the engine overheating... not for 10 sec blasts at a time.

You do what you want m8, its your car :) You just requested opinions and I gave you mine. :read:

Did terry influence you with the bonnet fins? I remember his Purple one had those all over it :)

You seem to forget B that ive built the car as much for top speed as 1/4 miles !!!!!! Just think if i build one for you then next time you may actually outrun the nasty policeman !!!! :eyebrows:

Dude :devil:

No not really , ive allways loved louvres above all else , getting them done is a pain though !!!!

Mine are bigger than Terrys !!!!! :cool:

Jesus eff'in Haych! With a hole that large....why are you even bothering with a bonnet! ;)

Dude you wont believe the under bonnet temps i had at TOTB !!!!

Us Chavs cant cope with hi underbonnet temps you know !!!Its all for show really ;)

Dude :eek2:

Have you wrapped your manifold and downpipes? This helped me LOADS with my kit. Not exactly the same thing...but it's gotta be a plus.

Perhaps a bigger radiator is in order?

Doing that on the rebuild and a new alloy rad is on order , im getting them made to my spec and will be selling them soon !!!!

Dude :devil: