The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear Of The Year.......Not!!

Havard

I am not sure you realise but the complete engine needs changing when going from NA to TT. You cannot just bolt on Turbo's. Thats what I meant by a converted car.

A converted car is worth a lot less than an original.

Is it worth a "lot" less, cos if thats the case i'm buggered when the time comes to sell mine lol.

i can see your point when u say bout the engine being changed but i'm looking at this from a buyers view rather than someone converting it themself.

Is it worth a "lot" less, cos if thats the case i'm buggered when the time comes to sell mine lol.

i can see your point when u say bout the engine being changed but i'm looking at this from a buyers view rather than someone converting it themself.

I too am looking at it from a buyers POV. If anyone knows anything about the cars they will check the VIN plate before anything else. That will immediately show that the car was not built as a TT but converted later. IMO, unless it was priced to reflect this, it would put most people off.

I think you are going to have a bit of a shock when you do come to sell yours. I recall a girl on here trying to sell her NA-T for ages and at quite a low price - and I am not sure it is sold yet :(

The Original BN Supra look good. IMO i'd get some graphics like that on the 1 being sold!

cos if thats the case i'm buggered when the time comes to sell mine lol.

Mine went for 9k. It had just had a fresh 5 speed rebuild and running around 550bhp atf. Racing hart 19's, full kit etc (spec in my garage).

If I were to do it all again i'd of sold my NA and got a TT. I spent that much on it I could of had a huge spec'd up TT and abit of change.

Still, was quite unique though.

I too am looking at it from a buyers POV. If anyone knows anything about the cars they will check the VIN plate before anything else. That will immediately show that the car was not built as a TT but converted later. IMO, unless it was priced to reflect this, it would put most people off.

I think you are going to have a bit of a shock when you do come to sell yours. I recall a girl on here trying to sell her NA-T for ages and at quite a low price - and I am not sure it is sold yet :(

When I converted mine I knew this to be the case, but I liked my Supra so much I couldn't bring myself to sell it. I realise I will have to take a hit when I come to sell it, but Then again how many of us have ploughed money into their cars that they'll never see back?

Realistically when she goes up for sale I would expect £5000 as it's a conversion, maybe less depending on depreciation etc.

When I converted mine I knew this to be the case, but I liked my Supra so much I couldn't bring myself to sell it. I realise I will have to take a hit when I come to sell it, but Then again how many of us have ploughed money into their cars that they'll never see back?

Realistically when she goes up for sale I would expect £5000 as it's a conversion, maybe less depending on depreciation etc.

5K for a Aerotop Converted to a TT! Thats still cheap.

I dont see why N/a - TT converted cars are worth so much less because a piece of paper says it didnt originally come with that engine. If the conversion was done properly and then engine has proven mileage etc etc then surely there shouldnt be much diference in price. I can see why they would be cheaper but not that much!