some more pics better

jazz1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here you go another pic, i think it deffinatly needs the trd wing as the cars wide as hell from the back my mate said to me it looks wider than most supras i think its down to the wheels that make it wider

Those rear wheels have to be close to an MOT failure in themself dont they ;)

You suffer from any rubbing on your arches......if not you must have a pretty a solid ride setup....

Those rear wheels have to be close to an MOT failure in themself dont they ;)

You suffer from any rubbing on your arches......if not you must have a pretty a solid ride setup....

not one problem and they seem ok police havent said anything they are just a little tiny bit out lol, i had the setup done at tdi tuning nic supplied the new hks suspension and at fast speeds i get no rubbing

not one problem and they seem ok police havent said anything they are just a little tiny bit out lol, i had the setup done at tdi tuning nic supplied the new hks suspension and at fast speeds i get no rubbing

It wouldnt be the police that would stop you mate, I would have thought that would be quite hard to spot out on the road but in the MOT station, if they do a proper MOT that would fail surely......;) Wheels are not allowed to extend past the body work, a tiny bit or not.....;)

It wouldnt be the police that would stop you mate, I would have thought that would be quite hard to spot out on the road but in the MOT station, if they do a proper MOT that would fail surely......;) Wheels are not allowed to extend past the body work, a tiny bit or not.....;)

;) i got contacts and my old wheels

Looks very nice Jazz, clearly a lot of thought has gone into it and you're to be commended on the work involved. I honestly wouldn't change a thing, it's absolutely fine how it is (well apart from that CO2 spray thing, I'd remove it purely for aesthetic reasons - it's not often you'll hear me say something like that!)

Now stop messing around with it and get driving and enjoying it! :D

Looks very nice Jazz, clearly a lot of thought has gone into it and you're to be commended on the work involved. I honestly wouldn't change a thing, it's absolutely fine how it is (well apart from that CO2 spray thing, I'd remove it purely for aesthetic reasons - it's not often you'll hear me say something like that!)

Now stop messing around with it and get driving and enjoying it! :D

yea do drive it lol i will call you homer to show you that thing been really buisy latly, as for the thought yes as i wasnt in love with the car when i had the veilisde arches on etc. But thansk to this forum i created the way i wanted it to look and im fairly happy until i get few bits sorted:)

Keep the mesh, it WILL save your IC from damage. I had some heavy duty stuff on mine and after 3 years of driving it was heavily dented. Some stones made it through the IC, but I'd expect the IC to have looked like a colander without the mesh to protect it.

The Supra's I've seen without mesh have all had their IC's severly damaged after a year or so.

to be honest, if it meant replacing the IC itself after a year i think it would still be worth it, i just think the mesh on the front takes from the looks. I had my fmic and ran without any mesh, drove for 6 months then sold it and wasnt one mark on it!

suprattfront.jpg

to be honest, if it meant replacing the IC itself after a year i think it would still be worth it, i just think the mesh on the front takes from the looks. I had my fmic and ran without any mesh, drove for 6 months then sold it and wasnt one mark on it!

As a daily driver ? And 6 months doesnt account for another 12/18 months of road battering, it will happen, every un-meshed one I have seen unless its fairly new within the last year has their fins marked, unless your exceptionally good at dodging stones on the road...........

no need as long as the front ones are there so iv been told and passed mot:)

Afraid not! This goes for anyone who has removed the side repeaters from the front wings on 93-96 models or 96- on facelifts with repeaters in the front bumper - you may have been lucky with your MOTs up till now but you may fall victims sooner or later as this is what the MOT Testers manual states:-

MOT Regs Section 1.5 Lighting Motor Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1986

These must be fitted with one side repeater indicator on each side. Instead of a separate lamp, the side repeater might be part of the front direction indicator if it includes a wraparound lens.

"Acceptable wraparound lens marking" i.e.Lamps incorporating a side repeater are marked either with an 'E' mark in a circle or an 'e' mark in a rectangle above which is a number 5. Some vehicles are fitted with a wraparound lens with no European approval markings. These can be tested by standing approximately 1000mm to the side of the vehicles rear bumper with indicator on. If amber light can be seen coming through the front lens (not a reflection) this is acceptable.

• 1 year later...