The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supe.....

Supra-Woman

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well it has certainly been the unluckiest year for me this year. Put my car in for respray the first week of January waited weeks for it to be sprayed, left it looking beautiful then went up a week later and the colour had completely changed, it turned a browny/green/orange so I am gutted. Car is having to go through insurance.

But onwards and upwards, i have decided on a different colour

I have been in contact with House of Kolor and they would like me to exhibition with them at shows when the car is finished, im guessing that will be the shows in 2008 the way things are going

Well it has certainly been the unluckiest year for me this year. Put my car in for respray the first week of January waited weeks for it to be sprayed, left it looking beautiful then went up a week later and the colour had completely changed, it turned a browny/green/orange so I am gutted. Car is having to go through insurance.

But onwards and upwards, i have decided on a different colour

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/SpankySerenade/supracandyred.jpg

I have been in contact with House of Kolor and they would like me to exhibition with them at shows when the car is finished, im guessing that will be the shows in 2008 the way things are going

Gutted for you :( any pics of the paint?

P.S. I think you mean 2009;)

It's so easy to get it wrong when you're using mad candies, pearls and whatnot.

I had a bike painted up years ago that was supposed to be pillarbox red with a blue pearl over the top. I had a test card done and it looked fantastic. When the guy actually did the bike, he put one extra coat of pearl on it and the bloody think came out pink! You wouldn't beleive the amount of stick I got riding that around.

It's so easy to get it wrong when you're using mad candies, pearls and whatnot.

I had a bike painted up years ago that was supposed to be pillarbox red with a blue pearl over the top. I had a test card done and it looked fantastic. When the guy actually did the bike, he put one extra coat of pearl on it and the bloody think came out pink! You wouldn't beleive the amount of stick I got riding that around.

:rlol: I can just see you now riding a pink bike.

It is going through their insurance. I dont really understand how the insurance process works as the car as been taken to another garage where work will be done but waiting for insurance to give them the nod, but surely if 4 garages quote the one thats chosen gets the work and start straight away??

• 3 weeks later...

Just to give you guys an update, the insurance refused to do it so the garage is having to pay outright. The car has now been taken to Bodyworx in Higham and work has started again....... but a colour has now been confirmed, Candy Red over Ice Pearl Gold, fingers crossed it all goes well this time round.

Just to give you guys an update, the insurance refused to do it so the garage is having to pay outright. The car has now been taken to Bodyworx in Higham and work has started again....... but a colour has now been confirmed, Candy Red over Ice Pearl Gold, fingers crossed it all goes well this time round.

Can't wait to see what it looks like when done.:D

• 4 weeks later...

Still not got my car back but shouldnt be much longer now, fingers crossed i can pick her up next weekend. Few pictures to keep you updated:

Last weekend:

This weekend:

I have been told they will be stripping and painting the calipers Tuesday, waiting on mesh for front bumper, then putting the rear screen back in. Once taht is all done it will just be a case of making sure the car is clean both inside and out.