The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What happened to big money Supra buyers?

hogmaw

I'm currently selling mine after 12 months of ownership, to fund buying my first property. Its with out doubt the best car I've owned. But here's the question, if you sell your Supra wot can you buy for the same money to replace it with that kind of power and attention it generates?

Simple answer is not much? Well nothing as the Skyline is a cornflake box on wheels, but a very fast one I might add.

I think the Supra prices may have fallen, but its clearly a shape that ages well and does not look dated parked next to most of the modern supercars.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x201/wayne_bhagan/a10.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x201/wayne_bhagan/a11.jpg

The only thing I can think of that gets the looks and the power is the Rover V8 TVR's.

big buyers are out there, I paid 12.3k for mine, less than two months ago.

Sorry mate, but you paid FAR to much for it... Might have mentioned that before :innocent:

I paid £500 for my last (undamaged) mkiv supra ;) They are cheap cars if you know where to look

Supply and demand. Get used to it (its been happening for a while) just enjoy what you have :).

5 years ago my car cost £14995 that was the going rate then ;)

The thing is we all know the supra brand and know a good car from a bad.

However people want as much as possible for as cheap as possible not looking at the bigger picture. They see a Supra on ebay freshly imported for 4k and think thats good then they come on here and see the same spec of car for 9k.

Which are they more likely to buy ? They don't realise that the more expensive car is probably going to be cheaper in the long run !

Also with the economy on the down and petrol prices rising the performance market is not a good one to be selling in really.

A few years from now it will change, there can't be that many more Supras available and the best examples (unmodified !) will start to rise in value. Most owners will have moved on by then and can complain about the next car they buy being worth less than when they bought it :D

Aren't prices still pretty damn high in Northern Ireland? I heard a story from......ssshh.....Turbo Fit...... that they undertook a NA-T conversion on a customers car and he sold it for around £6k or more profit in NI (above Single conversion costs too!). Can't remember the exact figure, but is that a common theme today?

It's all relative. I spent loads on repairing my car but I don't regret it. When she worked it was fantastic and a dream come true to drive. My parents, girlfriend and mates all ask me what I'm going to get next as a run about. When I reply 'A nice Supra', they simply roll their eyes, but we don't see eye to eye. For me the sheer passion and enjoyment of driving a good Supra outweighs the expense. With them being even cheaper than ever before, things look good, not bad :)

Aren't I heard a story from......ssshh.....Turbo Fit...... that they undertook a NA-T conversion on a customers car and he sold it for around £6k or more profit in NI (above Single conversion costs too!).

If I remember correctly, the guy owned a hardware store and broke it for parts....... broomhandles, wood screws etc :D

As Col said supply and demand is the main factor. However the type of person getting the cars now has changed maybe this is a bad thing maybe not. But as said the volumes in Japan has now dropped and the prices I believe have levelled out.

The interesting thing is as the type of owner changes so the frequency of right offs is increasing. I have noticed a difference in the amount of going to the scrap yard in the sky in the last 2 years.