The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The next MKIVSUPRA.NET Santa Pod day?

Justin

I wouldn't entirely rule out the idea of a members only trackday in addition to Suprapod either. ;)

Ooooh cool :cool:

Loved the Suprapod day, only problem was I managed something like 8 runs and still have the stone chips to prove :D

Problem is, you say you won't run and then you get up there, see everyone else doing it and, well, be rude not to ;)

and some stupidly fast MR2s from Rogue Motorsport.

L

Those boys were insane! And that MR2 couldn't half launch :blink:

It was a great day out last year - it wasn't all about the 1/4 miles. Very good, relaxed atmosphere (apart from when you're goading the person next to you in the queue :D) and stunning weather too. Some more of the same would be brilliant.

Less. However the problem with Brunters is the noise restrictions. I always fancied a VMax style event there, but the singles would be too loud, a decatted NA would be too loud and a BPU TT just might scrape through.

I wouldn't entirely rule out the idea of a members only trackday in addition to Suprapod either. ;)

:) sounds good.

Would it not be possible to take the lower part of bruntingthorpe (small oval) to avoid the noise issues. We could then set up cones etc ?

Loved the Suprapod day, only problem was I managed something like 8 runs and still have the stone chips to prove :D

Tell me about it, I managed somewhere around 25-26 runs and at least if I sold my car I could say it's been "chipped" :rolleyes:

I'll do it again in a heartbeat :cool:

Love to do the pod again next year:thumbs:....this time i will bring the supe...i had just sold my aerotop to neofuture so i was supraless, still met a fue people here and was nice to put a face to a name:wave:.

Oh i was the pillock standing right behind the rocket car when it went down the strip...i was wondering why the girl standing next to me was holding her nose and covering her mouth:blink:...figgin hilarious!!

Less. However the problem with Brunters is the noise restrictions. I always fancied a VMax style event there, but the singles would be too loud, a decatted NA would be too loud and a BPU TT just might scrape through.

Last time I went to Brunters, the noise regs were so tight we got complaints from a good fart! Anyway, the place is well over-rated, the road surface is poor, and it's absolutely covered in grit and pebbles.

I do happen to know someone organising at Bedford at the moment - 70 places, only 50% full at the moment.

And rumours of a 'Ring trackday - yes, a private trackday at the Nurburgring, no insane locals embarrassing you with a car fractionally as powerful.

Daman, I assume you're talking about Bedford. It's no secret so the full details are at:

http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/attendees.php?TR_Selected_Session=&event_id=141&venue_id=11

In summary, it Feb 28th 2008, open pit lane between 09:00 and 17:00. Normal price is £149 for the full day INCLUDING 20 mins of expert instruction, but I'm going to see if I can get a club discount.