The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Supra Fatality :( RIP Darren Reay

GeordieSteve

........thank you.

Your friends , your acquaintances have all said so much about you and all those that knew of you, remark in the positive.They can only talk about your gentleness, your care , your passion, your compasssion all those things that others aspire to and perhaps never achieve - if only they tried.

Thank you for creating an enviroment such as these posts,where you can show others , through your life, how much more worthy it is to lead and leave a life in the positive.How inadequate I am, for being brusque, bullish , aggresive, selfish and uncareing.

I never had the fortune of knowing anything about you, but feel now I do. There must always be a positive , however insignificant it maybe, but perhaps this maybe of consolation to you.

You have made me rethink who I am , what others may think of me, and what I could change in me in order to leave a more positive effect on the lifes of others as you have done, when the reaper calls my name.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest in peace Daz.

I too am a member that never met you, but seeing all the touching comments from the members and traders here there is no doubt you were a cherished and valued member in the supra community and the forum.

I'm saddened by our loss here, there have been far far far too many this year and it makes us all I think take a step back and realise how brief life and friendships can be and that we should cherish them to the utmost, every damn day, because one day they may be no more. I am glad to hear that Daz seemed to be the kind of person full of energy, enthusiasm and love for everything he did, that while his life has been tragically cut short I have absolutely no doubt that everyone in his life was very glad to be a part of his life. It doesn't sound like a life that was wasted, far from it.

Please, for those going along to the service remember him for all of us.

Simon

Guys, thanks for all your kind words.... I have put all your wishes and sympathies into a book of condolence... which im gonna give to Darren's family on saturday... If anyone wants to add any more, the cut off is about 2 pm tomoro afternoon, as i have to start driving to Newcastle not long after that.

I shall post a pic of what i've done for the book, so you get an idea of what you lot have given the family.... will also post a pic of the flowers too....

Again... you guys never cease to amaze me how close everyone pulls together when things like this happen.... club spirit is certainly rife... so many lovely things have been said.... im sure it will be a small comfort for his family to see how many people care.

You're all brill!!

xx

darren raey...

im only 16, but i have known darren since i was really young as we live close by, i remember him through his teenage years, he was always the sensible one out of the bunch, the lad who stuck in at school, and was a role model for me. i always looked up to darren. he wud always say he wanted to be a fireman, and the chance came along for him, but unfortunately he couldnt pursue this dream. i hadent spoken to him for a while as he grew up, got a job and got a car, he inspired me to do well in school as i also wanted to own that lovely astra gsi he had a while ago. i saw him on a regular basis and he would always wave as he drove past, really genuine, loving lad.

i know his younger brother, steven, who must be devestated about this tradgedy, he and the rest of his family have lost the most generous, caring brother, son, that anyone could have asked for

im going to miss hearing his supra..then seeing it, it was an unreal car, but atleast he passed away in something that he loved....

rest in peace darren mate =[

Just back from the funeral.

It was a lovely service, lots of memories shared about Darren...and an unbelievable amount of people there.

Extremely upsetting understandably, but the family are very grateful for all your wishes.

xx

As above, just got back now - it was testamony to his character to see so many people there whos lived were touched by Dazz...

The flowers were beautiful and the service a fitting send off to a fantastic lad..

Kissed by a Rose will never sound the same again to me, i will remember Dazz everytime i hear it from now on and it will make me smile, just like Dazz did everytime i saw him.

Rest in Peace Brother x

Andy

As above, just got back now - it was testamony to his character to see so many people there whos lived were touched by Dazz...

The flowers were beautiful and the service a fitting send off to a fantastic lad..

Kissed by a Rose will never sound the same again to me, i will remember Dazz everytime i hear it from now on and it will make me smile, just like Dazz did everytime i saw him.

Rest in Peace Brother x

Andy

Fantastic job Lucy, well done.

Massive turn out at the funeral, Kissed By A Rose was very touching. I'll never forget that. So glad they didn't play anymore music I would have been in bits.

Rest In Peace Dazz.

Gaz.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...