The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Supra Fatality :( RIP Darren Reay

GeordieSteve

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP guys. Really has made me think if its all worth it :(

I've just sat and read this entire thread, and all the links within it. I'm not normally one to get upset and I didnt know the fella but I dont mind admitting this has brought tears to my eyes. Such a waste and a tragedy. My heart felt condolances go to the families.

I think now is a good time to lay my supe up for the winter, too many reports of accidents recently, and I really dont want to leave my son without a dad. Really makes you think about how many times you've hit that loud pedal and not thought about the consequences. Stay safe people.

R.I.P

I dont think you could have repeated my personal views any better mate.

Just read it all, I come across bad crashes pretty frequently (ff) but I have to say it does make me think more when its one of the club. There realy arent words that can be said that will help all the people that will be involved with this and what a bad time too.

My deepest condolances go to all.

To all of us, Right time, Right place, Right way.

Bob.

hey there, had the worst day of my life without dazza at work today, he loved his car more than anything, I dont know Jurgen, but if you're reading this, he spoke of you nearly everyday and also of "Envy" and you and this whole Supra thing made him grin from ear to ear every day. Hope this makes you all the more careful x

if you can pass any extra info to me (funeral arrangments) it would be much appreciated am back from jp on wed night,, one of the parents call me on sunday morning to tell me of the news..

such a great loss and nice guy...

he came to nearly all the carshows with me and for last year has been a good mate even coming over to play fifa at my house..

he will be sorely missed by me and all my family that knows him..

please pass on my condolonces again to all involved. as when i was on phone i was in deep shock i cant recall all the conversatiion of the full details..

thanks and everybody please take care :(

Guest cdavies
if you can pass any extra info to me (funeral arrangments) it would be much appreciated am back from jp on wed night,, one of the parents call me on sunday morning to tell me of the news..

he came to nearly all the carshows with me and for last year has been a good mate even coming over to play fifa at my house..

please pass on my condolonces again to all involved. as when i was on phone i was in deep shock i cant recall all the conversatiion of the full details..

Hey there,

We're still waiting to hear about the funeral arrangements, I guess it will depend on inquests and things, I just really hope it can happen before Christmas for the families sake. I'll post info on here as soon as I find out, but I'm sure his parents will let you know.

We were all the luckier for knowing him, can't believe I'll never hear his daft banter again, wish I could hug him. Keep your chin up Jurgen, he wouldnt want anyone to be sad x

Guest cdavies
Maybe we could set up another thread purely for condolences to give to the family? And a paypal address for donations for flowers?

I dont mind setting this up.

What do you think?

I think that's a lovely idea, we are doing something similiar at work, collecting emails of condolances to pass on to his family. I think a new thread would be the best idea as you suggest. If you need his home address let me know.

I still can't believe it, we used to warn him and try to shock him, but deep down we never thought it would happen to him, he was just our little baby of the section, we thought he'd grow out of it.

When he had his Supra at work he would do a lap of honour round the car park before he left and it was so loud people would hang out of the windows, he was just a little boy in a mans body with a mans salary. I wish I could wake up from this nightmare.

x

I think that's a lovely idea, we are doing something similiar at work, collecting emails of condolances to pass on to his family. I think a new thread would be the best idea as you suggest. If you need his home address let me know.

I still can't believe it, we used to warn him and try to shock him, but deep down we never thought it would happen to him, he was just our little baby of the section, we thought he'd grow out of it.

When he had his Supra at work he would do a lap of honour round the car park before he left and it was so loud people would hang out of the windows, he was just a little boy in a mans body with a mans salary. I wish I could wake up from this nightmare.

x

:( I really feel for you. I've lost close friends to car accidents before, and it never goes away. As cheesy as it sounds though, time is a healer.... my thoughts are with you guys.

I will speak to Mods now to sort everything out.

xx

OK... this thread is going to be used as the condolence thread guys n gals.... and the chat will be edited before being passed to the family. The Mods are just sorting out the donations side of things should any of you wish to give towards flowers etc... and I will post details of this shortly.

Lucy

thanks guys for arrnagin this am in japan so cant do much here but if somebody can take care of if it will be great thing ..

once again still in shock and still cant belive whats happen my younger brother told me he was at our place on sat cleaning his car..he uses all my valeting equipment :) but he was welcomed every time 。。such a nice guy is an understatement..for dazz.

OK... this thread is going to be used as the condolence thread guys n gals.... and the chat will be edited before being passed to the family. The Mods are just sorting out the donations side of things should any of you wish to give towards flowers etc... and I will post details of this shortly.

Lucy

Thanks Lucy.

Thanks for this too.

Guest cdavies

Hey there,

My bosses at work have arranged to visit his parents this afternoon, to take home his belongings etc.

Apparently his mum & dad are hoping to register the death tomorrow after the post mortem then they can get the funeral sorted. So will keep you updated. xx

Hey there,

My bosses at work have arranged to visit his parents this afternoon, to take home his belongings etc.

Apparently his mum & dad are hoping to register the death tomorrow after the post mortem then they can get the funeral sorted. So will keep you updated. xx

thanks much appreciated please pass on my condolonces, i arrive to the uk on wed night i hope i can make it to pay my respect to a good mate,.