The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Supra Fatality :( RIP Darren Reay

GeordieSteve

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know the lads either but I've been a member of this forum for just over a year now and like others, these threads really get to me. :( There is such a sense of belonging in this group and in turn such a sense of loss when we lose a fellow enthusiast. Being slightly older and having had many cars, and many other memberships, I can honestly say I've never seen this to such an extent in any other car groups.

As it is winter, and as I am a little older, I want to share my view on how I drive my soop, especially in this weather. If it makes one person think for a nano-second before stamping on the loud pedal over the next few months, then I'll be happy. I absolutely am not pre-judging what happened in this tragic accident it's just that I know the rest of us oldies like to pass out our words of so called wisdom at this time of year to our eager young Supra drivers. I'm truly gutted we've lost young dazz and his friend.

Here goes:

I love my Supra loads...... but I respect her even more. Basically, every time I hit the loud pedal (and of course I do, occassionally) I ask her (in a split second - and not out loud!) - "what are you going to do if I plank my foot to the floor?". I know that sounds daft, and of course she doesn't answer - but it actually makes me think of what all of her possible responses could be by thinking about my surroundings.

9 times out of 10 I'm fine because she does what I predicted she would do, BUT......... it's that last one....... the one she didn't tell me, and the one that I didn't guess......... it's that one that got me!. The first time she wins......... I lose. If you can't guess all 10 - don't do it! - it's not worth the risk.

I honestly enjoy so many people per day just looking at me driving her that after a while the speed becomes secondary. Save it for the track.

:(RIP lads - a truly sad loss. You've really made me think about keeping such a powerful car and my thoughts really are with your families and friends :(
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif

wHIZz

:(RIP guys,

Condolences to family and friends. Dazz, Mitch you will never be forgotten, i just wish you could have been here to see this from my point of view, i just want to say thank you for opening my eyes to the true performance of these machines.

you dont have to drive fast to be cool, just owning and driving a supra is as cool as you can get, these are the words i will drive by now thank you, RIP guys

Don't know when the funeral is but who's for a convoy to say goodbye!!

I for one would give up a bit of time for a trip to the North East. Just a thought!

A show of Supras may say more than words in a thread!;)

Paul

I assume one of the mod's will contact the family to discuss an appropriate tribute.

I assume one of the mod's will contact the family to discuss an appropriate tribute.

I am organising tributes etc... I have spoken to the Mods and they have very kindly agreed to take donations through the mkiv supra paypal address, see the other thread here....

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=134595

This thread is being used as a condolence thread, and will be slightly edited and passed to the family also.

We are waiting to hear about funeral arrangements and also the family's wishes. Will keep you posted.

Here goes:

I love my Supra loads...... but I respect her even more. Basically, every time I hit the loud pedal (and of course I do, occassionally) I ask her (in a split second - and not out loud!) - "what are you going to do if I plank my foot to the floor?". I know that sounds daft, and of course she doesn't answer - but it actually makes me think of what all of her possible responses could be by thinking about my surroundings.

9 times out of 10 I'm fine because she does what I predicted she would do, BUT......... it's that last one....... the one she didn't tell me, and the one that I didn't guess......... it's that one that got me!. The first time she wins......... I lose. If you can't guess all 10 - don't do it! - it's not worth the risk.

I honestly enjoy so many people per day just looking at me driving her that after a while the speed becomes secondary. Save it for the track.

:(RIP lads - a truly sad loss. You've really made me think about keeping such a powerful car and my thoughts really are with your families and friends :(
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif

wHIZz

good post mate. i'll certainly think twice when i take her out again.

I never knew daz, but from what i've just read he was young and full of life. a credit to those who knew him. Such a shame he's gone. Especially at this time of year. my thoughts are with his friends and familly.

RIP mate :(

Hiten.

Don't know when the funeral is but who's for a convoy to say goodbye!!

I for one would give up a bit of time for a trip to the North East. Just a thought!

A show of Supras may say more than words in a thread!;)

Paul

There is a memorial trip being arranged at Focus In Cramlington on SAT 22nd starting at 630 700pm this is being aranged on the japnortheast site.

R.I.P. guys

and that your souls and spirits be out there looking out to us, trying to be our conscience, sometimes whispering at our ears saying not to go so fast.

remember guys. it can happen to any of us.

i have lost some friends in some alike situations, but unofrtunately, their "lesson" only prevails for a few weeks.

be careful

joao

total shock to me hes parent called me at 9.00 this morning fro uk to tell me of the sad news..i cant belive it its 9pm now in japan and i feel sick..this was a really nice guy and would do anything for anyone,,he worked at my unit on sats just helping out and washing cars,tidyng up..he loved this and was the kindest guy you can meet am just so gutted for everyone involved....

he came with me to pick lockys car up and was always helping out for free..

:(:(:(:(

everybody please take care out there..

he kept his car at my unit thru week and used at weekend only as his parents thought the car was too noisy..am so suposed to be meeting one of my contacts for evening meal but i have to cancel my legs are like jelly and so many thins rushing around my head......

R.I.P mate

ive just seen this thread, and the more its unrevealed, i cant believe i met the guy breifly, came over as a really nice chap.

i didnt have much chance to talk to him, which is sad

sorry to all his family, and jurgen

si

Daz, you will be missed mate. It brings me to tears even to write this knowing i will never see you again at the garage, eating 6 meals a day and fully of witty banter allways.

I keep thinking If only.....

If only you werent in the wrong place at the wrong time, if only Jean had immobilised a car behind yours and taken the keys home in our garage on saturday - if only i took the time to chat with you more on saturday instead of being busy it might have been enough to change the course of history and you might have still been here - if only i had known it would be the last time i would see you. If only.....

I dont understand why this has happened mate, and no its not fair and yes although its terrible to say this i wish it were someone else rather than you but it wasnt and i have the reminder every day driving past where you lost control and hit the tree - i hate seeing it so much im taking another route for now i just cant bear to see it....

Its hard to think you will never see someone again. I didnt know you as well as others but i knew you well enough to know you were solid gold. A genuinely nice guy, generous, happy, healthy, jovial and allways full of life. Your presence will be missed (as well as mitch's) more than you could have known... If there is an after life i wish you all the best mate, and im sure your Supras there with you as i dont think it came off so good.

Until the next life........

Andy

Guest cdavies

hey there, for those who dont know, his funeral is at 9am on Saturday morning at Saltwell crem, Gateshead, flowers to go to the co-operative funeral palour in Windy Nook, Gateshead, then we are heading to the Holmside Social Club in Dunston, Gateshead.

Reading Andy's message above has just made me break down again, so touching and so true. Everyone says lovely things about someone when they die, but it's hard to find the special words to describe Dazza, words dont seem enough, you had to know him. I was proud to be his friend, proud to have known him and if I had a son one day I would love him to turn out as well.

x

well am back in uk now and something is missing something is not right, i met dazz about a year ago and in the full year he has been a better mate to me than some i have known for a long time....

his exciment and his smile will be missed at jm-imports, he was there every sat and before we were there(he almost had a key for the unit)...cars is what he loved he was a big muscly guy with the kindest heart and nicest smile ever and would never say boo to anyone...

always smiling and always excited to see us on the saturday was an understament and am going to be really sad not to witness this again but i have so many memories of the times we have spent at the unit and at the car shows...he always wanted to come and was never late for anything- this guy was the most punctual and polite person i have ever known.. he would do everything for us wash,tidy up,lifts you name it and he did it..my back garden swing was built by me and dazz and its one that i will look at for comfort..

darren always carried a small sports bag with him - i always tease him -DONT FORGET YOUR BAG (he never did) in there was his george foreman grilled chicken sandwiches and about 8-10 of them..always eating healthy and his physique showed he was a true sportsman.. dazz never did drugs or smoked or touch a drink .. and the many times i offered him burger king he never once accepted and belive me it was a lot of times..

as the saying goes only the good die young and in DAZZ, god has one of the nicest persons by his side..

and now i have tears as i wrote that, you will be sorely missed mate and please if your reading which i think you are please cast an eye over us and your family and friends as life is so short.

RIP mate

you will never be forgotten Jurgen & Linzi & Mia

:(