Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red waring triangle with exclamation mark?

I'm addicted now! Club Member herbiemercman's Avatar
    Feedback
    1 (100%)

Question Red waring triangle with exclamation mark?

Hi Guys my car would not start due to an imobiliser failure in the Cat 1 alarm system, called out the engineer he solved the problem after 2 hrs. He checked everything on the electrics and everything was working, BUT a red triangle popped up in the centre clock on the dash, see photo.
    Does anyone know what this can be? My local garage owner said on some other Toyotas have a warning for the timing belt?
    In my handbook it says it is a service warning, if it is then it has not appeared for 22 yrs since i have owned the car from new.
    I cannot help thinking it is down to the work the alarm engineer did, but he was an experienced guy, and familiar withe Mk 4 Supra and he did not know what this could be. Any advice will be appreciated. Herbie.

RED TRIANGLE..jpg (374.4 KB)
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Non-PC Club Member Frank Bullitt's Avatar
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Handbrake or brake fluid?

Do Luck owning Club Member Swampy442's Avatar
    Feedback
    51 (100%)
    It can be on for many many reasons, door not closed, hand brake on, low brake fluid as above, but its definitely not cam belt
    I would gladly pay you 10 to never log onto this forum again, and I am serious. Scott M

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wilson View Post
    I did terrible things to girls I had only just met, and they loved it.

vegetable sup Club Member mellonman's Avatar
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    The centre one is not the brake level one iirc. See if it puts out a error code . But I think your correct it's definitely been caused by the auto electrician / orginal fault .
    It could be what the imobizer was wired into and how the electrician over come it as the car could still be waiting for the input but it's been bypassed. Does the alarm / imobizer still work?
    Did you use to come on when you put your key in and turn to when all the other dash lamps come on ?
    never under estimate stupid people in large numbers

sorry i know i cant spell im distexic

Hi stall is that some sort of chair ?

Feedback
    44 (100%)
    A classic one is the airbag light? does this come on? If you have the dash apart and then turn the ignition on it'll give you the light when it's put back together, can fix fairly easily.........will dig out a thread
    Number 8 ...........doing my best to keep
    Number 9 ........been and gone!
    Number 10 ........on its way

Feedback
    44 (100%)

Feedback
    44 (100%)
    And if some of your warning lights are out..........

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthr...warning+lights

Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Hi Guys, One of the best responses i have had to a thread, i thank you all.
    With ref to the post from mellonman i cannot remember if the red light was on and then turned off when the engine started, lots of lights/symbols come on and i never picked any out unless, as now one stayed on.
    With ref to the brake fluid level, i looked at the reservoir and it was full, BUT the NAT converters 3 yrs ago disconnected the plug on the side? maybe because they had experienced previous issues with the turbo etc and down pipe heating up the brake fluid, i made a shield with a ceramic board on one week after the car was returned from the NAT, i had no red light prior to this week and the alarm problem.
    So is it possible that the disconnected plug has started showing a fault following the recent alarm engineer's visit?
    Last edited by herbiemercman; 10-04-19 at 10:21.

comfortably numb Club Member peter richards's Avatar
    Feedback
    115 (100%)
    bloody air bag light came on last year when I adjusted the seat fail so took the bulb out pass lol
    94 j spec tt gz with a scoop, TTE/ lexus gs 300 sport alloys , uk front brakes ,trd strut brace, pioneer p77mp
    oem supra low spoiler
    my web site www.eclipse-auto-valet.co.uk
    QUALITY CAR CARE PM ME FOR PRICES

Feedback
    1 (100%)

Question

I tried disconnecting the battery but no joy light stays on.
    Decided to remove the black PVC tape from the two plugs that the NAT guys did, i plugged the small one back into the side of the brake reservoi, this did nothing, red light still on. The other bigger plug multi pin i do not know what this is? unless it is a standard loom for the TT models? as there is no where for it to go? (see photo). Anyone know what this plug is ? Herbie.

khttp://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=231576&stc=1&d=1554914744
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback
    44 (100%)
    Will check mine but it could be a unused, cruise control or some such connector.

When you turn on the ignition do you see all the warning lights on the left/right, engine code, oil (red and yellow), airbag, abs, cat temp,door open er and whatever others?

Nothing on the front passenger seat, perhaps clip in all the seatbelts to eliminate that (it's hard to remember if no seatbelt activates the main light)

Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Hi Scooter, Yes all the various symbols / lights come on as always and they all extinguish when the engine starts, just the red triangle stays on.
    I agree with you that the multi pin is for another model cruise control or some thing as you suggest.
    I will try the seatbelt possibility today.
    When i have eliminated all the possible things that could be causing the light to stay on i will have to ignore it, then may be one day it will reveal itself or another member may give another prognosis. Thank you for your help. Herbie.

I can post! Club Member
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    This has happened to me a couple of times, and it was one of my rear bulbs had blown.

Feedback
    1 (100%)
    This morning the handbrake light stayed on, i tried everything but no joy, so although the oil level in the reservoir was only one centimeter down i filled it to the top, the handbrake light went out.
    I had given up on the red triangle and against my nature i put a square of black PVC tape over it.
    I went out later and low and behold the red light had also gone out?
    After a 10 mile journey the light was out, BUT came on when i arrived home.?
    Went out later and the light went out when i started the engine and to date has stayed out.?
    Just like "Brexit" i have had enough so if the F--king thing comes on again i will put the black tape back. Herbie.

Feedback
    44 (100%)
    Do you mean the brake fluid reservoir?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast