The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec 6 Speed Single Turbo

np89

Certainly some very diverse views there. I wouldnt break this car up as the effort gone into building it is too great. As said in the description the Cat C certainly hasnt been for structural damage and appears to only be for front bumper and bonnet, maybe headlights. Categorised cars i think get tarred with a bit of an unfair brush.

Some of the cleanest cars in the country are categorised and some cars have been insurance repaired a number of times but the value isn't great enough to categorise them is what alot of people don't realise.

But in any case, I can assure anyone that this car has been stripped bare, built up and no expense spared and any inspection is welcome so if that isn't enough for someone well they are missing out on a truely exceptional build put together by some big names in British motorsport.

Hopefully it goes to someone who appreciates the build quality and as a few have said, that may not be someone in the UK.

/QUOTE]

Unless i'm blind you haven't stated what year it is :search:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you reduced the price at all, imho it won't sell for the £28k that it was up for. Big spec cars just don't seem to shift these days sadly :( even being an original uk spec car i can't even see this going abroad, as most overseas countries that they used to go to can't touch it cause of it being highly modified..

Have you reduced the price at all, imho it won't sell for the £28k that it was up for. Big spec cars just don't seem to shift these days sadly :( even being an original uk spec car i can't even see this going abroad, as most overseas countries that they used to go to can't touch it cause of it being highly modified..
Well, not physically gone in and changed the price but certainly indicated I'm open to offers and/or negotiations. Id have thought there may have been some attempts for offers but seemingly not. Maybe its just me that assumes all prices can be negotiated lol

Well, not physically gone in and changed the price but certainly indicated I'm open to offers and/or negotiations. Id have thought there may have been some attempts for offers but seemingly not. Maybe its just me that assumes all prices can be negotiated lol

/QUOTE]

I think it's more people don't know what to offer as to not insult you or etc. There's a limited market for high power Supra's now, for the original price you're a few grand away from early GTR's and a lot of people are swaying that way now. It's still a 1993 car and most people will grudge paying close to £30k for one regardless of how built and etc it is.

Im not trying to bash your thread or etc, just saying how I see it from looking at other prices over the last 6-12months :)

I think it's more people don't know what to offer as to not insult you or etc. There's a limited market for high power Supra's now, for the original price you're a few grand away from early GTR's and a lot of people are swaying that way now. It's still a 1993 car and most people will grudge paying close to £30k for one regardless of how built and etc it is.

Im not trying to bash your thread or etc, just saying how I see it from looking at other prices over the last 6-12months :)

No no I think you make a fair enough point! Well progress would even be some sort of influx of offers lol!

Not just store it? Maybe a long shot but have you tried the US market? Maybe someone over there would be interested?
Sadly not, marriage calls lol! Yea have it up on the US Mkiv fb page but nothing as yet. I did try and post an ad on supraforums but it didnt show after i posted the thread :s

Have you tried contacting the previous owner (from the V5) to see if you can track down what the Cat C pre repair condition was? if you could get some verifiable history preferably in pictures that'd help you out a lot. it'd also be useful to say, if you know, when the Cat C was assigned. Back in 2008 you could pick up these cars for £5k in TT6 guise so it wouldn't take much to write them off back then seeing body shops push nearly £2k to change a bumper. If it was written off in 1997 that'd be an entirely different level of damage going on insured value.

Have you tried contacting the previous owner (from the V5) to see if you can track down what the Cat C pre repair condition was? if you could get some verifiable history preferably in pictures that'd help you out a lot. it'd also be useful to say, if you know, when the Cat C was assigned. Back in 2008 you could pick up these cars for £5k in TT6 guise so it wouldn't take much to write them off back then seeing body shops push nearly £2k to change a bumper. If it was written off in 1997 that'd be an entirely different level of damage going on insured value.
As much information as Ive listed is as much as I can get! Tbh the Cat C isnt really particularly relevant anyway as the entire car was effectively built up from a shell during the build so its really only a tag attached to the registration. People just seem to get really caught up on it for whatever reason which is unfortunate but I've tried to be as forthcoming as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi niall,

As others have said, your best bet is to break it, but I totally understand how much you may not want to do that, I have never wanted to break a car and hate the feeling of vultures lining up to pick through my pride and joys heart and guts.

I think it sounds like a nice enough car, with a decent spec and looks nice and subtle.

J.

It was Mark Luney who built the car with help from Brad O'Nians of TripleB and Robbie Thornton of TDP. I just don't like to name drop.

I will absolutely strongly consider offers from people who possess the knowledge to make such arguments and talk in facts and ultimately who gave more knowledge than myself.

The car is a great build, and I would absolutely hate to break it least of all as I would consider it somewhat of a disservice to Mark and those who helped me.

Anyway hopefully this helps clear up any doubts quieter observers may have had and as always I will try to be as helpful and honest as I can be as my knowledge allows.

Thanks

I know Im a noob on here,

But Ive been around the scene for almost 20years and have had the pleasure of knowing Mark and Robbie for most of that time, great bunch of guys and Brad is a genius with years of top flight (upto F1) engineering knowledge - a real credit to any cars' build !!

Good luck with the same Niall.

Bladey.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.