The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FPV Quads

creative

soooo.....

Whos into RC and quadcopters?

Been itching to try this for a while and now that I dont have a car and some spare cash... I thought why not!

Bought myself an Emax nighthawk 280 pro RTF.

http://www.emaxmodel.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/_/1_3_9.jpg

Not FPV yet as I need the goggles to do that but I wanted to give it a go and then if I like it I will buy them! Just waiting for some extra props to turn up before I take it out properly but I have been using it in my little courtyard to get the hang of hovering etc....

and blimey its scary when you ramp the throttle a bit to much! :D

I think I may be getting into this big time!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently have a phantom 3 advanced.

Been looking at racing drones for a while.

There's some great videos of then

So had I but had absolutely no idea where to start hence me going down the RTF route. Still allows me to tweak, especially as its running baseflight with the option to flash cleanflight or something else like that, but has everything all sorted in respect to matching components to get flying. Gain good reviews on the web for beginners that allows expansion at a later date.

Decided to make myself a carry case for it tonight as well, el cheapo alu case from the local hardware shop, a few pieces of foam and a sharp knife and I got...

happy with the outcome and will see me through for now and for only $40!

Got my eye on the walkera f210 like the idea that it's ready to fly also looks like it can withstand a few crashes. Reckon I will pick one up next month.

my mates Walkera....

He had a tumble! lol

For me I am struggling with the reverse orientation and the controls when its facing me. I think I will be ok in FPV as I am used to flying copters in Battlefield rather well... and thats exactly what its like doing!

I also keep hovering over the buy it now button for one of these...

http://blog.banggood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/FrSky-Taranis-X9D-Plus-1.jpg

Taranis X9D plus.......

and a set of ...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/catalog/84636%289%29.jpg

Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles.

But thats another $900 in total! I can see this getting very expensive! :D

Yes I'm into these as and when I get time. Which isn't much these days... I started with helicopters and then bought planes and now have quad copters. Currently building a multiwii quad, but will probably convert it to a racing fpv as seen loads of videos and fancy having a go!

Lui is the man when it comes to flying, his jets are amazing!

thats a matter of opinion ;)

Impressive machines no doubt but planes are one thing I have never been able to get into.

Very true, they all have their own place! I started with helicopters, and still think they are the best... Lol. Although I do have a soft spot for a turbine jets.... [emoji3]

the video made me feel sick haha. looks so much fun with the goggles. can these goggles be used with jets? and Lui your collection is incredible would love to see some videos :)

Yes they can, its also becoming popular this way as well. Its just a case of mounting the FPV gear on whatever you are flying.

Popped my cherry with it today....

I only hit one tree! :D think I need to find a bigger field to do it in to start with!

One thing I have found is its fast.... and can go wrong very quickly! Once you get dumb thumbs its hard to recover. This thing is a steep learning curve so I have just ordered a little Hubsan X4 to practice inside with... and some replacement arms for the 280, just in case. :)

Chuffed to bits I still have all the props intact after the first flight and crash!