The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS SLD II speed limit defencer installation guide for Tiptronic Supras

j_jza80

Well, it hasn't gone as well as I thought. :( Took it out for a drive earlier, and the dash warning lights lit up, and it refused to change gear with the paddles. So I removed it, and everything works perfectly again. I've double checked the connections, and it was definitely wired in correctly. Hmmm...

I'm going to leave it off the car until I get back from my euro road trip in a few weeks, then have another crack at it. I'll replace all the crimp connectors on the SLD and see if that cures it.

Really, that sucks. I only tested mine twice (private road, obviously) and it worked fine once but the second time changed up then down again which rattled me so i backed off. Car has been off the road since and will be until next year maybe so i probably wont get to check it again until then. I do think the crimps are total crap and dont fully connect sometimes but i checked the continuity on mine...although they could have rattled loose i guess. Hopefully they aren't dodgy boxes we've gotten :blink:

• 4 months later...
Nope :D

The only advice I can give is to not order one through Nengun, who spoke to me in the rudest, most condescending manner possible. Apparently I'm incapable of wiring vehicle electronics because I'm not approved by HKS.

Hate when that happens, especially when you've lots of experience wiring minor things up and none have caught fire lol. I got mine through Whiftbitz, had to send something back before that wasn't right and had no problems there.

• 4 months later...

If I was building a car with stock turbos, I think I'd still go with a syvecs. I don't know how Ryan G has managed to get the stock twins to be so responsive in TTC, but it makes TTC a decent option now, and the problematic stock sequential solenoids and vac pipes can be binned.

Plus, adjustable maps, the ability to run the car on low octane fuel for regular driving, and a brilliant traction control system make it a no brainer imo.

• 4 months later...
Guest alanflies
Well, it hasn't gone as well as I thought. :( Took it out for a drive earlier, and the dash warning lights lit up, and it refused to change gear with the paddles. So I removed it, and everything works perfectly again. I've double checked the connections, and it was definitely wired in correctly. Hmmm...

I'm going to leave it off the car until I get back from my euro road trip in a few weeks, then have another crack at it. I'll replace all the crimp connectors on the SLD and see if that cures it.

Have you got this to work yet..wiring looks right, your dip switches may be backwards...

Have you got this to work yet..wiring looks right, your dip switches may be backwards...

He got a new ECU that replaces the speed delimiter so i dont think he did. Mine went over the limit when i checked it but i backed off after it changed to fourth due to running out of road and haven't checked it since.

• 1 year later...

If anybody got update on this guide if its working or not would appreciate!

I just bought myself the HKS SLD II and will be using this guide with my friend to install it.

Im going to post the results in summer time if this guide does or does not work.

My car is MKIV -94 with A340E automatic transmission.

Guide says its for Tiptronic but i wonder is it that much different to my transmission to be able to use the same guide for mine?

Edited by j0nski (see edit history)

I just bought myself the HKS SLD II and will be using this guide with my friend to install it.

Im going to post the results in summer time if this guide does or does not work.

Guide says its for Tiptronic but i wonder is it that much different to my transmission to be able to use the same guide for mine?

This guide was for the Tiptronic's, this guide is not the one you are looking for I don't think mate.

Try this - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?112141-How-To-Install-a-Speedo-Convertor-and-Delimiter&highlight=Speed+limit

• 1 year later...