The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project potential 93 NA auto?

Keeperlit

What do you do with an auto NA that needs TLC?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with an auto NA that needs TLC?

• Sell as is, maybe clean it up a bit
    • Tart it up, MoT and sell
    • To hell with sense, plough thousands into much BHP and Smokey slidey awesomeness

Hi all!

I've been asked to sell on a 93 JDM NA auto in silver for a friend, just wondering what kind of prices to ask for it.

It's a non runner as it's been sitting for 3 years and needs a new battery accessory belt (snapped) and probably a few other bits to get it MoT'd again.

I would love a project like this but I have too many other commitments to commit proper time and money to it sadly. :-(

Other pics:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/g3d2HjFgxqBGwpZY6

Thanks

Keith

Looks a bit sorry for itself. I'd be pulling the kit off and seeing how bad the sills are and making my decision based on that, but I'd guess it needs at least a grand and plenty of time put into it to make it nice again. I'd do the bare minimum to get the engine running and put it on eBay.

Thanks for the advice all, they're not that common so it's hard to get an idea of prices etc.

I felt the sills and floor when I went to see it, bit of flakiness at the back of the sills but floors seem solid.

Yes @swampy442 it's worth saving. My friend needs it off his driveway (in Belfast), but I would like to see this car restored and giving someone a great fun Supra experience!

And thus the sale is complete without paying for membership :) congrats

Hi all, I appreciate the kind help and advice I've received here. I'm still just seeking for advice, and I will keep progress updated on the forum here so everyone gets an equal crack at the whip.

At what point should I be taking up membership? Apologies if that's in the forum rules and I read that bit too quickly.... :-o

I'll happily throw you a few quid if you want. Lol as I said before I haven't bought or viewed the car yet. Although I'd like too.

Its rare the a supra comes up for sale local over here. So I might aswell check it out?

Hey I'm often in trouble for not jumping on this, in my view if a Supra falls into the hands of a member on here (even if from a non member seller) I'm happy but the rules are the rules and I've seen threads like this locked down with no chance for someone like you to get it (although numbers exchanged before it was this time). So I was mentioning you might chip in as a locked thread would be worse for you than the £10! but as you've made contact that moot now.

Best of luck with the viewing, hope it's a workable project.