The mkiv Supra Owners Club

When do you see full boost?

Noz

Oh really? I'm surprised at that. I used to see full boost on my XS T61 at 3800rpm. Was a fair sized turbo as well.

My new 62mm is much smaller.

Does anyone else see lower?

What do people with small singles see?

Log better for spool and torque but not hp I saw somewhere?

Well I've heard the Whifbitz log's can't really cope past the 550hp-ish mark. I'm guessing that's down to flow restrictions and temps.

I have noticed that tubular mani'd NA-T's seem to make quite a bit more power than I have but I always put it down to the many other variables

What about going for a cast manifold?

That'd be a nice comparison.

I have a modified eBay one. Hopefully it doesn't give me any boost creep issues now I've a bigger wastegate. I previously saw boost spikes with a typical 4 bolt WG.

If wanting a single turbo with spool and early torque being your preference over crazy HP than I wouldn't be looking at fitting anything other than a cast. The Treadstone Performance Engineering ones seem best. Modify the wastegate, gasket match, port and polish call it a day.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Same thing as a log manifold is it not?

To my understanding they are both based around the same idea but use different materials hence the difference in name.

Cast ideally being an Iron + Nickel mix like the OEM TT manifold and a log manifold being made from tubular. I believe that log manifolds maybe more prone to cracking too.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)