The mkiv Supra Owners Club

directions to good links please

Bayden_uk

hi all.

i always wanted a supra since i was 12. now hit 30 an i.m looking to buy. i was going to buy one road worthy and yeah that would be all nice but i'm now looking at doing a project. a complete rebuild where i can strip her down and give her a complete respray and rebuild her back up. i think i would feel a lot more proud if i was to rebuild my dream car .... and that's what i found for £300. its a MKIV.

shes had an electrical problem an had an electrical fire in the front end drivers side. all panels are fine, engines fine, just needs a new loom and interior which someone has give a very good price on the lot.

just wondering if any of you supra fans have done any complete rebuilds your self? or if not dose anyone have any good links i can look at?

thanks in advance.

P.S.

sorry if i've put the thread in the wrong place guys

thanks for the replies guys.

kaan that link is spot on. hes put some serious time into that beast! thanks for the link. hes pretty much replaced everything hasn't he.

tooquicktostop. its actually in good condition considering its been in a fire. its been indoors since the fire.

thanks for the replies guys.

kaan that link is spot on. hes put some serious time into that beast! thanks for the link. hes pretty much replaced everything hasn't he.

tooquicktostop. its actually in good condition considering its been in a fire. its been indoors since the fire.

Get some pics up then, lets see what you have got yourself into

Good luck with the project and looking forward to seeing pics. There are a lot of 'builds' on the forum in varying degrees from aftermarket turbo conversions to full bare shell up rebuilds. There is a Supra breakers on here called Extreme Performance (Keron) who may able to help you with any used parts you need.

No worries :) For £300 I really doubt you can actually go wrong! You keeping it silver?

im not too sure. im stuck for what color i want to do it. i was thinkin orange and black but you see a of that. then i was thinking mat black but supras look amazing when they shine!

time to hit the color chart i think :)

im not too sure. im stuck for what color i want to do it. i was thinkin orange and black but you see a of that. then i was thinking mat black but supras look amazing when they shine!

time to hit the color chart i think :)

I would go for a nice metallic blue I think, something with a decent amount of metallic flake so when the sun hits it.. boom! :eyebrows:

• 4 weeks later...

ok so today i went to view a supra an shook the guys hand on the sale. go to drive my first supra. been waiting for this since i was 13 years old. finaly get there when im 30 haha. felt amazing. she needs alot of TLC, mainly a spray job but i got my self an areo top for a steal. i pick her up on thursday! pictures to come soon as shes home! :D

ok so today i went to view a supra an shook the guys hand on the sale. go to drive my first supra. been waiting for this since i was 13 years old. finaly get there when im 30 haha. felt amazing. she needs alot of TLC, mainly a spray job but i got my self an areo top for a steal. i pick her up on thursday! pictures to come soon as shes home! :D

Looking forward to the pics and the rebuild! :)

Is this a 2nd supra you've bought? If you can bring them back to former glory, fair play to you.

cheers guys! i didn't get the the supra that had the electrical fire. in the end i dipped into my savings an spoilt my self. there both the same color though so im thinking about the hard top for spares. i pick the areo top up on Thursday morning but im gunna call him an see if he can move it to Wednesday because im just too impatient haha :)

Edited by Bayden_uk (see edit history)

That's pretty good for 300 coins of the realm. Probably get that for the alloys and bumper, no actually maybe just the alloys ;)

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty good for 300 coins of the realm. Probably get that for the alloys and bumper, no actually maybe just the alloys ;)