The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Engine Builds

MattP

Staying on topic without all the TT Swap talk chaps am I correct in suggesting the difference in basic terms from a TT and N/A block are pistons oil squirters and possibly water jacket i think Jamie P metioned a few years back.

Now taking this into concideration If I was to rebuild an N/A Block would I use Bearings designed for the TT engine and if different where can I source a full N/A engine gasket set or are they the same as TT?

I will most likely be sourcing parts from Whifbitz any appropriate links required for the build can be posted here :)

Regards Matt

Staying on topic without all the TT Swap talk chaps am I correct in suggesting the difference in basic terms from a TT and N/A block are pistons oil squirters and possibly water jacket i think Jamie P metioned a few years back.

Now taking this into concideration If I was to rebuild an N/A Block would I use Bearings designed for the TT engine and if different where can I source a full N/A engine gasket set or are they the same as TT?

I will most likely be sourcing parts from Whifbitz any appropriate links required for the build can be posted here :)

Regards Matt

What gaskets are you after?

Yeah just ring Toyota mate, the full gasket set isn't that expensive if I remember right! I rang for a set of oil stem oil seals and a HG and I'm sure that came to £130ish as the stem seals where stupidly expensive! But the full gasket kit was only an extra £70 I think. So under £200 I'm sure!

Yeah just ring Toyota mate, the full gasket set isn't that expensive if I remember right! I rang for a set of oil stem oil seals and a HG and I'm sure that came to £130ish as the stem seals where stupidly expensive! But the full gasket kit was only an extra £70 I think. So under £200 I'm sure!

Excellent

Fosta is currently on with a engine build Matt, maybe drop him a pm im sure he will know whats required, are you thinking of Na-T in the future?

While I have the engine bare I may aswell rebuild it bolt a reputable turbo kit on and hybrid autobox and just be done with it all or il never do it

Hopefully sell the mr2 over this summer to free up some cash and spend the next 4 months getting the supra sorted

Edited by MattP (see edit history)